November 30, 2004
Links of the day
Sorry for the lack of Super G pictures. I'm just not "feeling it" right now. I need a vacation.
- Wikipedia Creators Move Into News. This is very interesting.
- And here is the new Wikinews site. A little sparse right now, but it will surely get bigger.
- Should this type of thing worry newspapers? Wired says yes.
- Could stuff like EPIC and Googlecon be far behind? A fascinating 8 minute glimpse at the possible future of the 4th estate. Worth the wait (at least I thought so).
- Gotta hand it to these Yale students. This is a great prank.
- Pat Robertson? Jerry Falwell? Interesting article from the NYT concerning who is truly representative of evangelical Christians in America.
- This is odd. Sinn Fein, the political wing of the IRA, seems to be against excessive toy advertising. I'm not sure this will help their long term recruiting efforts.
- DC Council approves new ballpark, but caps spending at a whopping $630 million. Yep, that should do it.
- Meanwhile, back in Minnesota, the state budget forecast predicts a deficit of between $400 million and $1 billion. It appears to be over for stadium supporters like myself before it even began...
- Cool list of the top 1,000 books held at OCLC member libraries. I was surprised by number 1, but not number 2. And check out number 18. How did that get in there?
- Neat factoids about the above list.
And today's clue for what I got my wife for her birthday:
Oh yes, these are tough.
Posted by snackeru at November 30, 2004 9:07 PM | Links of the day
If this has something to do with sports, I think I may go searching for the $79 divorce coupon from last Sundays paper!
Posted by: kumquat at November 30, 2004 10:44 PM
I know what it is!!!!! That's because Shane told me, but still I have the right to lord it over Molly and my wife too!
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at November 30, 2004 11:10 PM
Craig- Can you see any connection to these clues?
Posted by: kumquat at December 1, 2004 12:09 PM
Yes I do. But I'm not telling.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at December 1, 2004 1:51 PM
You bought your wife a championship ring?
Posted by: David Wintheiser at December 1, 2004 7:07 PM
Keep the guesses coming people. It is the only way I will be able to guess what it is. Ring?.... hummmm NEXT CLUE PLEASE!
Posted by: kumquat at December 1, 2004 11:07 PM
Molly: After Shane told me what it was, the second clue was incredibly obvious. I won't spoil anything, but the second clue is key!
Curt in Grand Forks
PS--Happy Birthday (in advance)
Posted by: Curt Hanson at December 2, 2004 9:16 AM