< Stuff | Main | Randomness >

Netflix RSS feeds on my blog

Hello again everyone. If you scroll down and look to the right, you'll notice that I have successfully integrated my personal RSS feeds from Netflix into my blog. The section "Netflix Stuff" shows what is currently in my Netflix Queue, what they have recently shipped to me, and what they have recently received back from me. So, if you are ever wondering what movies I'm watching, now you'll know. And as always, I will apologize for nothing! I am a big fan of stupid movies and there is nothing you (or I) can do about it. In fact, I'm thinking about devoting a category of this blog to my reviews of stupid movies. Some are done very well (Happy Gilmore, Tommy Boy) while some are done very poorly (Dodgeball, A Night at the Roxbury).

If you are a fellow UThinker and would like to know how I got this to work, stay tuned to the UThink home page. I hope to have a little tutorial about it in the next few days.

Posted by snackeru at January 5, 2005 1:02 PM | UThink

How you would dare place a true classic like "Dodgeball" in with "A Night on the Roxbury" is beyond me. "Dodgeball" was a hilarious film; I laughed hysterically throughout. The best stupid comedy, however, has to be "Tommy Boy." It still moves me to tears remembering that Chris Farley is no longer with us...

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at January 5, 2005 1:31 PM

Think you can reserve "Office Space"? I haven't seen it yet and have been told I need to. You are going to love Pitch Black when you see it.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at January 5, 2005 3:25 PM

First of all, Dodgeball was not a very good movie compared with other great stupid movies, like Anchorman for example. When I saw Dodgeball, I saw Anchorman at the same time and it was obvious to me which one was the better movie.

Office Space is a true classic. I will put it on the list. By the way, I've got about 130 movies on my list. I'm just showing the top 10. I can move things around though.

Posted by: Shane at January 5, 2005 3:41 PM

May I ask you what you used to integrate your Netflix lists into your blog? Does it require an RSS reader on your server?

Thanks. I've enjoyed reading another opinion on the stadium issue.

Posted by: Barry at January 31, 2005 8:44 PM

Barry--

Thanks for the comment and the link on your site. It looks like to me that the blogging software you are currently using will work fine when you attempt to display your Netflix (or any RSS) feed on your site. I did it with the lastRSS.php script found at: http://lastrss.webdot.cz/. All you need to do is put this script somewhere on your site, and use it to display your feeds. A more detailed description of how I did it can be found at:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/000947.html

Let me know if you have any questions!

Shane

Posted by: Shane at February 1, 2005 9:30 AM