< Neato stuff | Main | I'm giddy >

Amazing! Welcome Google Searchers!

This blog is getting nailed right now by people searching Google for any news on Glen Taylor's rumored purchase of the Vikings. Check it out: do a search in Google for glen taylor vikings (just click on the link). This humble blog comes up as the fourth link, above the Star Tribune, and above Viking Update. This is amazing to me. And, if you are like me, you must wonder, why? Why does Google rank the Greet Machine so highly? Is it because of my phenomenal writing? My awe inspiring prose? Is it because Google knows I am from Minnesota or that I am a knowledgeable Vikings fan? None of the above. Google ranks this blog so highly because of its URL. First of all, the Greet Machine comes from a ".edu" domain so Google gives it a little more credence in its rankings. Secondly, this blog comes from a ".lib" domain. Google knows this comes from a library and as a result ranks it even higher. So, to sum it up, the Greet Machine has the double whammy of being from an educational domain, and from a library. Ha! If only they knew.

So, for all of you coming to this page as a result of a Google search, here is what I know about a possible sale of the Vikings (and sadly it probably isn't much more than you already know):

So, to sum up, there are heavy rumors floating around that Taylor is poised to buy the Vikings. And I'm a firm believer in "where there is smoke, there is a fire." There are also rumors of other people buying the Vikings. Based on all these rumors, I think we will see a sale of the Vikings shortly after the end of the season. Hopefully it will be to someone that A) is committed to keeping the team in Minnesota and B) someone who is committed to making the team into a winner again. My money is on Taylor.

Posted by snackeru at January 7, 2005 7:37 PM | Vikings

Thanks for being my spellchecked..I went back and inserted that [y] from Lucky.

Now, then...hearsay!!! Hrumph and poppycock my good man! I'll have you know that my sources are more reliable than anything Sid "steals" from other sources! The Commish is a real person. A basketball aficionado who studies reports in much the same way you and I study html. His word is golden. Taylor was in N.Y. and the basketball game was a decoy for the real purpose of his visit.

Go Vikes!

Posted by: Brian Maas at January 7, 2005 10:29 PM

Rumor around town is that a deal has been done. Fowler's group owns majority of the team and Glen Taylor has a 10% stake...a stadium deal is also apprarently ready to go...expect news to be released soon!

Posted by: Anonymous at January 17, 2005 2:57 PM

I've recently relocated to the East Coast from Minnesota, born and raised in MN. I bleed Purple and always will. I've kept in touch with the folks back home and have heard rumours of Glen Taylor buying our team. Is there a petition or something going around that Glen Taylor is going to be presented with? I'd love to see a home grown, responsible owner buy the team. Thanks!

Posted by: Angela at January 21, 2005 5:41 PM