< More rumors | Main | Stadium fix >

February 2, 2005

Links of the day

That's all I got for today. Let me know if I missed anything cool.

Posted by snackeru at February 2, 2005 8:52 AM | Links of the day

Comments

Steve Perry as Robocop. This proves that I'll never understand how some people think.

Posted by: Stick and Ball Guy at February 2, 2005 12:21 PM

The Steve Perry print really doesn't go with my home decorating scheme. Trust me, however, that had we came across this in college it would have been central to the decorating scheme of my half of the room!!

Curt in Grand Forks (who once referred to Journey as "my band," which Shane never lets me forget)

Posted by: Curt Hanson at February 2, 2005 1:18 PM

You could hang it in the bathroom, instead. For those prolonged moments on the toilet, to state at in contemplation.

Posted by: Maynard at February 2, 2005 1:54 PM

So true, SBG. I sat and looked at that picture and said, "Why?" and then "Who?" and then I just got a little spooked by it. Strange.

And Curt, do you mean you won't be buying this print? And I thought you were such a Journey fan! I mean, you once did call them "My band."

Maynard, do you know the story behind this print? If so please feel free to share. We'd love to know.

Posted by: Shane at February 2, 2005 4:31 PM

The story is: Journey rocks.

Also, it's a comic juxtaposition. Griffith's art usually transcends words because of that.

That's an art-geek's take on it.

Posted by: Maynard at February 2, 2005 4:55 PM

Well, Maynard, it left me speechless.

Posted by: Stick and Ball Guy at February 2, 2005 10:46 PM

Wait! Here's the best part! Check out the bottom of the story on Mr. Robocop!

UPDATE: The demand has exceeded my initial expectations, so I am ordering 400 more copies. The order will be placed Wednesday, February 2nd.

Get 'em while they're hot!

Posted by: Stick and Ball Guy at February 2, 2005 10:49 PM

>>>Wait! Here's the best part!

Oh. How amazing, an artist is selling his work. Pretty remarkable.

Posted by: Maynard at February 3, 2005 12:52 PM