February 23, 2005
Links of the day
- Destroying the Earth is a little harder than you have been led to believe.
- More entertainment based fonts! This time from famous TV shows and movies. I've got my eye on the Battlestar Galactica font...
- This is really strange. The Parents TV Council is highlighting what they feel are the worst moments in television from week to week. How convenient (?).
- Scitoys.com. Make interesting "toys" and scientific experiments with common household items. Cool.
- Parent's guide to computer slang. I don't think this list covers half of the slang that is out there.
- Cool wallpaper for your computer from the Hubble telescope.
- Take a look before the lawyers take it down. Every Calvin and Hobbes comic ordered by date.
- The 48 Laws of Power. I have read them, and will now use these rules to become the most powerful blogger in the world!
- All Time Worst reviewed movies on Metacritic. Sadly, I have seen BioDome. Dirty Cop, No Donut looks intriguing though.
- 10 steps for boosting your creativity. Rule #1: Listen to Bach.
- Cool, cool, cool. Liberated games. Free games to download for PC, Mac, or Linux.
- The History of the Universe in 200 words or less. Amazing and entertaining.
- Excellent page describing all of Google's "cheats," or basically how Google works and how you can make it work better for you.
Posted by snackeru at February 23, 2005 8:56 AM | Links of the day
I'm glad you like my History of the Universe. You might also enjoy the book I wrote based on the history: A Briefer History of Time, which was published in 1999. I've put an updated (2004) version on the web as a PDF file (http://members.verizon.net/~vze3fs8i/bhtes/).
Posted by: Eric Schulman at February 23, 2005 11:38 AM