< On a lighter note ... | Main | Cat Saturday >

More pepper please ...

• Well, I've dinked around too long this morning and now I am pressed for time time, so this will have to be somewhat short. First of all, stop reading this and head over to Stick and Ball Guy's website for another game of Pepper! This week his guest is none other than my neighbor Cheesehead Craig! As always it is a very interesting read, but today in particular makes some mentions of yours truly. So, I must address some of the things that have been said:

Nice job all around SBG and Cheesehead!

• Reader's of Cheesehead's Oracle of Cheese may have noticed that it now has some pictures of Wisconsin sports franchises in the upper bar of the site. Cheesehead Craig and I put those up there last Friday and I think they do a nice job of letting the reader know the scope of the site. Craig then recently wrote me asking me if there was something else I could do for his site:

Now all I need to do is when you first go to the site to have a mini movie where someone is walking up a mountain path, amiss thunder, lightning and rain to a cave and in the cave is a chamber with statues all around the room with torches on the walls. In the middle is an open fire with fondue pots and a wedge of cheese pulsing with light hanging in the middle of the room. The sounds of light singing is heard, then you click on the wedge of cheese, and the screen fades, replaced by my blog. How hard would that be for you to do?

Cheesehead likes to think big, and that is great. I wrote him back telling him that I already had something ready for him. And now I give that site to you, dear reader, so you too can see the majesty of what I have in mind for the Oracle of Cheese. I don't know if Craig liked it or not.

• Some of you will remember that I got an iPod a couple of weeks ago. Of course, right after I purchased it Apple decides to lower its prices by a whole $50 for my model. Have no fear though! I ventured to the Apple store at the MOA last night where they refunded me a whole $53 making my final purchase price a reasonable $179. Not too shabby.

• Vince, who is really keeping me on my toes lately, asked a great question yesterday regarding the upcoming Minneapolis mayoral race. He asked "Is Ryb[a]k's challenger, McLaughlin, anti-stadium? He challenged Ryb[a]k for flipping, but do you know his stance?"

I would say that McLaughlin is pro-stadium. He has led Hennepin county's efforts to land a stadium in the past, and he has made pro-stadium statements such as saying he feels public financing of a stadium is "worhtwhile." We'll see if his stance is shifting in the weeks ahead, but for right now I would feel comfortable with him as mayor of Minneapolis.

• That's all I got time for. Maybe more later.

Posted by snackeru at February 25, 2005 7:40 AM

In Shane's defense, he works on so many other people's blogs that one can forgive the look of this site. I am very appreciative for all the help he has given me on mine.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at February 25, 2005 9:38 AM

Do people really think this site looks that bad? Maybe I'm not the l33t h4x0r I thought I was. Oh well, no biggie.

Posted by: Shane at February 25, 2005 9:43 AM

Love your new work for CC. I think he should add that to his page! :)

Posted by: Stick and Ball Guy at February 25, 2005 9:44 AM

I love the new work you did for CC too. Every Packers fan should have a friend like you to take such interest in their site.

In case you hadn't heard, the Florida Marlins' financing plan for a $420 million ballpark won
unanimous approval Thursday from the city commission. It now goes before the folks in the rather phallic looking building on the top of the hill up in Tallahassee.

Posted by: Dianna at February 25, 2005 5:31 PM