< Mock madness | Main | New look >

The first rule of the Greet Machine

The first rule of the Greet Machine is, you do not talk about the Greet Machine.

The second rule of the Greet Machine is, you DO NOT talk about the Greet Machine!

fight-greet.jpg

If you can't tell, I watched Fight Club today. It was on, in the middle of the afternoon, on a channel my kids would have access to if I didn't block everything rated the equivalent of PG and over. I really couldn't believe it.

So I watched it while I was folding laundry. It helped me regain some of my manhood. With my wife gone I have cleaned the laundry room, scrubbed the kitchen floor, cleaned all the bathrooms, shuttled the kids everywhere, and yes, I've done some laundry. Seriously, I don't know how she accomplishes it all in a day.

Anyway, Fight Club was awesome. It definitely helped me get through the day.

Posted by snackeru at March 10, 2005 8:28 PM | Life

Now that is an awesome picture. You need to leave that up for a few days.

I'm staring at that bar of soap and a lightbulb goes off on my head. For some reson I think "brick" and then me thinks, Shane should create little brick images with names of people who support the stadium names on them. Just like people who buy bricks when new stadiums are built so they can point to "their" brick once the stadium is completed.

Or, maybe I'm just toooooo tired and need some ZZzzzz's. If only the Vikes would stop making news.....

Posted by: Brian Maas at March 10, 2005 9:07 PM

Greet Machine is one of my favorite blogs. Perhaps one day we'll have a wrestling match to determine my favorite blog. Perhaps not.

Posted by: Dianna at March 10, 2005 9:19 PM

Pretty soon Shane's going to put on some gold chains with medallions around his neck and unbutton his big collared brown, orange and white polyester shirt to show off his Chewbacca-like chest hair. He'll be walking around with a bounce to his step and you just know he's got "Staying Alive" going through his head.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 10, 2005 10:58 PM

How are we supposed to get people to support the stadiums if we don't talk about Greet Machine? Just wondering...

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at March 11, 2005 8:10 AM

Wow, Dianna! I'm touched by your comment. Thanks for the sentiment. I think your writing is pretty good too!

Cheesehead, I'm glad you noticed. This is just the beginning of a new and better me.

Curt, you're right! Scratch rules #1 and #2 then...

Posted by: Shane at March 11, 2005 4:04 PM