< Weekend notes | Main | Parkinson's Law: The Law of Triviality >

Top 5 Arnold Schwarzenegger movies

Today I'm going to start a new category on my blog: Lists. Every once in a while I'm going to pick a topic and create a list on that topic. The topic selection will be completely arbitrary, and could include topics covering sports, movies, music, life in general, etc. My rankings will be perfect and you probably won't be able to argue with them, but just in case I will leave the comments open. Today's list will be:

The Top 5 Arnold Schwarzenegger movies

1. True Lies -- Arnold's crowning achievement.
  2. Junior -- Arnold deserved an Oscar for this one.
  3. Terminator 2 -- Possibly one of the better sequels ever made.
  4. Total Recall -- I am still confused ... did it really happen or did he dream it all?
  5. Kindergarten Cop -- Arnold + little kids = comic gold.

You may be wondering why I decided to list the Top 5 Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. Really, I have no idea. I was reminded of True Lies today and I just started thinking about what other Arnold movies I have enjoyed. So, there you have it. More lists to come.

Posted by snackeru at March 14, 2005 12:46 PM | Lists

You are kidding, right? The discussion begins and ends with the original Terminator. Arnold as the bad guy. Are you Sarah Connor? I'll be back. Sublime, my friend, sublime.

Posted by: SBG at March 14, 2005 5:41 PM

Terminator? Have you watched it recently? Terminator is so dated. It is a Blade Runner wanna-be (and I don't particularly care for that one either). Terminator doesn't hold a candle to Terminator 2. You are welcome to your opinion, though, as wrong as it is.

Seriously, SBG, have you seen True Lies? That movie rocks. No matter what, if True Lies is on TV I will stop what I am doing to watch it.

Posted by: Shane at March 14, 2005 5:59 PM

I stand behind my choice. Go ahead, call me a dated relic of the '80s.

Posted by: SBG at March 14, 2005 6:13 PM

SBG, I was just thinking about that. I prefer Terminator 2 because it came out when I was a senior in high school. My friends and I loved it and it had a definite impact on me. The Terminator came out when I was too young to watch it, so it had no impact on me. I probably watched the Terminator for the first time after I had seen Terminator 2. Anyway, I don't exactly know where I am going with this, but it is interesting how our preferences are created.

Posted by: Shane at March 14, 2005 6:29 PM

I saw the Terminator in a place called the Cinema Lounge in Moorhead when I was in college. For $3.75 I think you got a pass into the movie and a pitcher of beer (11:00PM showing only). My roommates and I went to the show and loved it! (And the beer.) :) When Arnold was the good guy in T2, it ruined it for me.

Posted by: SBG at March 14, 2005 6:44 PM

No way. You went to college around Moorhead? I went to college at Concordia (although I didn't graduate from there ... long story). I love that area.

I can see why Arnold as a good guy would ruin the movie for you. I can't stand seeing him as a bad guy!

Posted by: Shane at March 14, 2005 6:54 PM

NDSU, my man.

Posted by: SBG at March 14, 2005 7:27 PM

No Terminator? I am perplexed and confused by this list. It's the movie that made him the star he is, and you go and sully his name by bringing up True Lies as his best movie? Although, this list is from a guy who was sad Joe Dirt did not get an Academy Award nod.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 15, 2005 2:30 PM

SBG is a NDSU alum? A mighty Bison!?!? No friggin' way! Me? I'm class of '84. Who could forget the "Sioux Suck, Bison Blow" chants at the NDSU-UND tilts? Ah, those were the days....not!

Posted by: Brian Maas at March 15, 2005 3:08 PM

Joe Dirt is a classic! Although it is no Happy Gilmore. That was an Oscar caliber movie if I ever saw one.

The Terminator may have made Arnold's career, but it was not his best performance. A piece of cardboard could have acted better than him in that one. Like I said in the post, my rankings are perfect so there really is no argument anyway. Nice try.

Posted by: Shane at March 15, 2005 4:12 PM

I'm the same age as Jeff Bentrim. The UND boys were PRETTY QUIET when I was there. The Thundering Herd RULED! back in my day.

Terminator RULES! A piece of cardboard? He was a robot! What did you want? Tears?

Posted by: SBG at March 15, 2005 4:56 PM

SBG, that seriously cracked me up! No, tears probably would have been a bit much.

Posted by: Shane at March 15, 2005 9:02 PM

Your rankings are perfect? You sound like robot, a robot in disguise. You really like Terminator best. Resistance is futile. Exterminate. Danger, Danger Shane Nackerud!

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 15, 2005 11:08 PM