< Let me know | Main | Links of the day >

Land Rovers

landrover.jpg

Why does the Land Rover have a sun roof for your luggage or groceries? I don't know about your luggage, but I don't think mine cares about having a sun roof. Because of this obvious attempt to make the luggage happier than the occupants in the backseat I will never buy a Land Rover. Yes, I will stick with buying used mini-vans with hopefully less than 100,000 miles. That is how disgusted I am with this.

Posted by snackeru at March 22, 2005 12:44 PM | Stuff I wonder about

This has nothing to do with the Land Rover (although I've often wondered the same thing).

Nay, I have to just comment on the quote above your banner:

"I buy Vick's Formula 44 cough medicine in honor of Chuck Foreman."

You need to be writing for SNL. I found it so funny I spit out the Earl Grey I was drinking. Thank Gawd I wasn't drinking a imported beer or you would owe me.

Keep 'em coming.

Posted by: Brian Maas at March 22, 2005 1:46 PM

Brian, thanks for the comment. The sad thing is, it is the absolute truth. Chuck Foreman is my all time favorite Viking and "44" is almost a magical number to me. Whenever I see it I gravitate towards it.

When Leroy Hoard took the number 44 I was very, very upset. You know the scene in the "Jazz Singer" when Neil Diamond's father freaks out and says, "I have no son!" and rips his clothes? That is what I felt like when Leroy Hoard took the number 44.

Posted by: Shane at March 22, 2005 2:12 PM

Land Rovers suck! Minivans Rule! Power to the sane people!

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 22, 2005 4:13 PM

It isn't for your luggage or groceries. It was originally designed so you could stand in back there with a rifle and hang out the top shooting at rhinos and elephants while on safari in africa.

I suppose in an urban setting you could stand in the back there and use the rifle on other vehicles on an L.A. freeway on the way to a Dodgers' game.

Posted by: Dianna at March 23, 2005 6:37 AM

An excellent point Dianna! Thank you for suggesting this. I must admit I did not consider what that window's original purpose probably was.

Posted by: Shane at March 23, 2005 4:11 PM

hey man remember me from the park in disney world?
i was the boy you saw in line to get on the rock-in-roller coaster. sorry it took me so long to talk to you there is my email address if you want it. we can im sometime. i hope you havent forgot me. i was the guy you saw at magic kingdom the following day. just respond

Posted by: Kyle at August 7, 2005 9:51 PM