March 23, 2005
Well, I was just writing a really good post about the new Gophers stadium bill passing through the Senate's State and Local Government Operations Committee today, but I must have hit the wrong button because my software lost the whole thing. That really stinks. So, I will have to write more about this tomorrow around lunch since I am giving a presentation early tomorrow morning about UThink.
To sum up, though, how I feel:
- A new Gopher stadium would be nice and definitely necessary at some point in the future. But...
- The Gophers aren't going anywhere
- The Twins and the Vikings could definitely go "somewhere"
- Given the fact that the legislature still hasn't passed a bonding bill and ...
- The legislature is now going on a 6 day Easter break, and ...
- The legislature still hasn't agreed on a state budget
- I think it is a given that this Gophers stadium bill won't get to the floor until the last week of the session, or very late into the session at the earliest.
What does this mean? I could be wrong, I hope that I am wrong, but I don't think there will be any Twins bill to discuss this year. And there certainly won't be any Viking bill discussed (Have you read Mr. Cheer or Die recently? Scary stuff.) in the hallowed halls of the state legislature. Again, I hope I am wrong.
Well, I'm going to bed now. Maybe I'll be more optimistic when I wake up.
Posted by snackeru at March 23, 2005 10:10 PM | Stadiums