< The New Greet Machine | Main | Back in the saddle >

I'm soooo funny!

Well, if you haven't figured it out, my last post was an April Fools joke! Ha! Sometimes I just slay myself! For those of you that were fooled (maybe one of you?) I am not a rabbit breeder. The Greet Machine was not named after a sickly newborn rabbit. I AM NOT a Barbara Streisand fan. Cheesehead Craig, however, does in fact own a Ron Popeil Showtime Rotisserie Oven. I know, it doesn't surprise me either.

Anyway, I will be harping about stadiums until the day I die, or until stadiums are actually built in this God-forsaken state (so, I may be doing this for a while). You can be rest assured of that! I am the scourge of the legislature! With my quick wit, sharp toungue, and overwhelming mental faculties (I mean this bunny thing was a stroke of genius, no?) I will always be here to fight the good fight concerning stadium construction in Minnesota. How can I stop when I have already made such a difference?

And regarding my favorite topic, I have some news to pass on to you. From today's Pioneer Press comes this interesting piece of good tidings:

Stadium bills, among the hardiest perennials of the Legislature, are starting to sprout.

On Thursday, state Sen. Steve Kelley introduced a generic bill authorizing construction of a baseball field for the Minnesota Twins. But the bill provides only a sketchy mechanism for a state or local subsidy that the Twins have been seeking.

Kelley, DFL-Hopkins, called his bill a placeholder in case lawmakers finish more important work and decide to consider building stadiums for the Twins or the Vikings.

Sen. Don Betzold, R-Fridley, said he planned to introduce on Monday two alternative plans for building a Vikings stadium in Anoka County.

Seriously, I'm getting a little misty-eyed ... hold on just a second. OK, I'm all right now. This is just too exciting for words! The best part of all of this is that Steve Kelley is MY SENATOR! That's right, my senator is leading the charge to finally put this mess behind us and actually SOLVE A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS SOLVING! I'm proud of you Senator! I'll mail you that "campaign contribution" as soon as I finish writing this entry!

Finally, there won't be any updates for a few days to this fine blog. There won't be any cat blogging tomorrow, and I may not even be able to write an entry on Monday or Tuesday. We'll see. So, sorry about that, but things are going to be a little busy for me for the next few days. I'll give you the details of my busyness most likely on Wednesday.

Until then, thanks for checking out the Greet Machine today. I'll be back soon, and hopefully there will be some stadium news to dissect! Have a great weekend!

• One more thing, if you haven't checked out Stick and Ball Guy's guest for Pepper! today, do yourself a favor and go over to his site. His story is both unbelievable and hilarious!

Posted by snackeru at April 1, 2005 3:12 PM | Life

Don't let Shane fool you, he's had chicken from my Ron Popeil Showtime Rotisserie Oven and he was begging for more!

However, Shane is loopy for bunnies, don't let the "joke" fool you. He goes to the state fair and starts drooling over them, and not in a "please pass the gravy" kind of way. If Shane won the lottery and bought the Twins or Vikings, he would rename them the Minnesota Bunnies and have the stadium named The Briar Patch. Instead of hot dogs, Famous Dave's, and nachos; it would be carrots, celery and lettuce as vendor items. He'd have the PA announcer say before each game "Nooooooo meat! There is no meat in the Briar Patch." There would be bunny races, to combat the sausage races at Miller Park. One would see Shane walking about the Briar Patch like Dr. Evil, with his henchmen dressed like the Trix Rabbit and the Nestle Bunny while holding a floppy eared bunny making all who pass by him kiss it.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at April 1, 2005 5:00 PM

Bunny blogging on Thursday does not get you off of cat blogging today.

Posted by: Dianna at April 2, 2005 10:08 AM

Just out of curiosity, what exactly DOES Greet Machine mean?

Posted by: TwinsJunkie at April 3, 2005 1:00 PM