< Big day today | Main | On to the next committee >

Quick note

UPDATE: The Governmental Operations Committee has PASSED the Twins ballpark bill! The vote was an overwhelming 17-5. The 2nd hurdle has been cleared. On to the Local Government Committee!

I'll talk about this more tomorrow. 17-5 ... that is impressive.

You know, you can watch the proceedings of the Governmental Operations committee yourself!

Click this link

Right now they are getting into the amendments. Enjoy!

UPDATE 10:42 PM: They are still yapping. Argh! Get to the vote already! Phyllis Kahn ... I am seriously beginning to dislike her. So many stupid amendments. Mark Olson tried to slide a referendum requirement in and it was defeated 13 to 9. Phew!

UPDATE II 10:50 PM: Diane Loeffler is proposing an amendment that requires 80% fan occupancy for the life of the stadium. She admits that she knows nothing about what a reasonable occupancy rate would be. She hopes that this gives the Twins incentive to keep putting a winning team on the field regardless of owner. She says the county is making a huge investment, the Twins should also. Wow. The amendment was defeated.

Posted by snackeru at May 10, 2005 8:58 PM | Stadiums

Whoa, Shane you been busy with the posts lately.
Alot of good stuff. I will have more to contribute later.
-Jiminstpaul

Posted by: Jim in St. Paul at May 10, 2005 9:03 PM

Woo-hoo!

Posted by: Batgirl at May 11, 2005 12:50 AM

I know this isn't related, but I found this interesting. Places like Minneapolis won't build stadiums to keep the teams they have, yet other cities want to build stadiums for teams they don't have yet, and may never get.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sns-ap-fbn-nfl-anaheim,0,4093610.story?coll=sns-ap-football-headlines

Posted by: Jimmy Buck at May 11, 2005 8:15 AM