< Revenge of the Sith | Main | I honestly have nothing to say >

Not much to say

• Not much to say, but I'll say it anyway. Revenge of the Sith was good. In fact, it was very good. It renewed my faith in the Star Wars franchices, and I enjoyed it immensely. While the acting was a little stilted in some cases, the story came together nicely and the action was top notch. Great fight scenes, wonderful visual elements, and all together just stunning eye-candy. If you go and see it you'll have to let me know if you agree with me on this though: I thought Anakin's decision to pledge his allegiance to Palpatine was a little abrupt. Maybe that's just me. My wife thought it was fine.

Favorite scence: when Kenobi and Anakin fly into General Greivous's ship and Kenobi vaults out of his ship doing a couple of mid-air flips and generally kicking butt ... I thought that was cool.

• I'm starting to really like Zygmunt Wilf. I think he'll be fine as a Vikings owner, especially after I read that he has pledged not to move the Vikings. That is good to hear. I think his pledge is a little more solid, too, than when Red bought the team. You'll recall what Red said: "The Vikings belong in Minnesota." There is a lot of different ways to wiggle out of that statement. Wilf, on the other hand, when asked if he will move the Vikings said, "That'll never happen," and also according to Sansavere Wilf also said, ""There's no question (the Vikings are staying in Minnesota). Listen, no way (they're leaving). It's a storied franchise. It is Minnesota.'' Wonderful. OK, what about a stadium? Wilf had this to say:

Wilf has visited Minnesota several times, looking at potential sites for a new stadium. Wilf indicated it is possible he would purchase the land for the stadium site and said he would "not necessarily" ask the state for money to build the facility.

"We feel that it's important to work with everyone involved to get a world-class venue for our Minnesota Vikings,'' Wilf said. "We're exploring all options to achieve that result. Get the best venue for our team and the fans, that's our goal. We're committed to fund our share and we have to go into details before finalizing our exact plan. We're exploring all options (for funding). I am determined to find a way (to get a new stadium).''

"Not necessarily" ... that is very interesting. Does that mean he will still seek county money ala the Twins? Or is he considering how to fund this monster himself? I certainly hope so. No one wants the Vikings to go through what the Twins have gone through. The fact that Wilf is a Giants fan is, I think, a positive thing in regards to the stadium. If you haven't heard, the Giants are paying for their new stadium themselves. I can't help but think that Zyggy has been paying attention to this development. I sincerely hope he strives to emulate it.

• Not much to report on the Twins stadium front. As you probably know, the Senate will have their first committee hearing for the ballpark bill this Wednesday. Other than that, I haven't heard much of anything new. If you have heard anything please feel free to share in the comments below.

Posted by snackeru at May 23, 2005 8:40 AM | Life | Stadiums

My thoughts are here, including discussion on Anakin's decision. I can't help but agree with your review, though I feel some of the quality is just a side effect of the original series. One thing I noticed is that invariably I get tired and nod off in each and every Star Wars movie. I didn't miss a split second in the case of RotS.

Posted by: bjhess at May 23, 2005 9:51 AM

Gaaaahhhh! I had to skip the very first part of the post as I did not want to know any part of the movie (other than the trailers I have seen). Bad Shane! No movie disclosures in the future.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at May 23, 2005 11:02 AM

Wha??? I have not disclosed anything, and the scene I picked as my favorite will be cool no matter if you read about it first or not. Newsflash: Anakin becomes Darth Vader! If you already know that, I have spoiled nothing.

Great review bjhess. I will comment on your own blog...

Posted by: Shane at May 23, 2005 11:26 AM

What? D'oh! Man now the whole experience is shot.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at May 23, 2005 11:45 AM

Mrs. SBG and I are back from the honeymoon. I see that the state of Minnesota has failed so far to provide a new home for the Twins. The enemies of progess seem to be having their way.

As an aside, I flew into Seattle this morning and from my window seat, I was able to view the beautiful Safeco Field and the football stadium that sits beside it. They looked nice together.

As for Star Wars, I saw the original when it came into the theaters in what 1977? Have none of the other episodes.

Posted by: SBG at May 23, 2005 1:57 PM

I hear the open air stadium concept is taking a lot of heat in the Twin Cities. Personally, a return to outdoor football would be a dream come true for me. I recall sitting outside, at the Met, watching the great Viking teams of the past. Since the purple became inside dogs they have never fielded a team with the personality of those squads. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but I would love to see Tampa coming up for a January playoff mathup. I'd even contemplate moving back to Minnesota to get season tickets. From what I hear, there would be plenty available - with metrosexuals like Mr Cheer or Die giving up their seats for cozy indoor couches.

Posted by: TC at May 26, 2005 7:37 AM