< Not much to say | Main | Dan Dorman is a "yes" >

I honestly have nothing to say

I think the nice weather has tapped by creativity/writing abilities. I have nothing to say about anything. Are other bloggers being affected like this? I note that on TwinsTerritory the amount of writing has seriously dropped off, my good buddy The Oracle of Cheese is taking a bit of a breather, Cheer or Die hasn't written anything for a couple of days, and Twins Chatter has been silent for a couple of weeks. Gleeman didn't even write anything today. Something is in the water, I guess.

Hmmm ... if you've got a minute you should stop over at Stick and Ball Guy's site and welcome him back from his honeymoon. I'll be doing that later on. Hawaii sure would be nice to visit.

Well, I'll probably write something around lunch. I've been planning on a new "Songs for a Desert Island" selection (the others can be found in music). This new selection will be by Led Zeppelin, but I would be surprised if anyone could guess which song is my favorite Zep song.

Until later...

Posted by snackeru at May 24, 2005 8:49 AM | Life

I probably knew this way back in the day, but have forgotten since then. Ramble On perhaps?

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at May 24, 2005 8:57 AM

Nope. Close. It is an early Zeppelin song.

Posted by: Shane at May 24, 2005 9:03 AM

I don't know about your fave Zep song Shane, but mine is Dazed and Confused.

Perhaps they ought to pump that song into the house chamber in St. Paul.

Posted by: kevin at May 24, 2005 9:13 AM

Dazed and Confused ... I've never been too fond of that one. A little dark for my taste. However, I am in favor of pumping that into the House chamber, if only to torture them until they pass a stadium bill.

Posted by: Shane at May 24, 2005 9:24 AM

It is going to upset me that I once knew this, and now have forgotten. I seem to recall something off Led Zeppelin III. How about Immigrant Song or Bron Yr Aur Stomp? I know that you especially like Immigrant Song, but I do not know if that qualifies as your favorite.

I also remember a conversation we had back in college regarding the three songs that changed your life. I remember one being Sweet Home Alabama (still the greatest song in the history of rock and roll by the greatest Southern band of all time) and the other being Changes by David Bowie. What was the third?

Curt in Grand Forks (President, North Dakota Chapter of the Lynyrd Skynyrd Fan Club)

Posted by: Curt Hanson at May 24, 2005 9:37 AM

Yes, very good Curt. This is the third song. And you will kick yourself. It is not off of Zeppelin III.

Posted by: Shane at May 24, 2005 9:41 AM

Whay does Black Dog stick in my mind so much? Is this it?

I don't think it is anything off Led Zeppelin I; I know you like the blues, but I don't see "the third song" on that album. I already tried Ramble On, Immigrant Song, and Bron Yr Aur Stomp. I doubt that you would consider Houses of the Holy "early Zep," so I will go with Black Dog of the Zoso album, as I think "Stairway to Heaven" is too mainstream of a pick.

Do you remember the one song that changed my life (or at least completely changed my musical tastes)? You should as you played it for me back in freshman year, when you still lived over at Erickson?

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at May 24, 2005 9:58 AM

You are so close, Curt. You are right, it isn't on Led Zeppelin I and I don't consider Houses of the Holy, or the untitled album for that matter, to be "early."

Wasn't your big song "Rock and Roll"? I seem to recall you hearing that on the radio and suddenly seeing the light. If not that then I would think it is "Over the Hills and Far Away." One of those two.

Posted by: Shane at May 24, 2005 10:02 AM

In My Time of Dying is where it is at.

Posted by: SBG at May 24, 2005 12:21 PM

Good one, SBG. I love that song. It is definitely up there.

Posted by: Shane at May 24, 2005 1:26 PM

"Hot Dog"; I love that rockabilly music, which Robert Plant enjoyed.

Posted by: Brian Maas at May 24, 2005 3:44 PM

I'm gonna guess What Is and What Should Never Be

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at May 24, 2005 4:05 PM