< Harmony | Main | A day at the races >

A list of inspired songs

The following is based on a conversation my brother in law and I had recently concerning inspired music. And by inspired I mean the type of music where even the band or composer would agree that they didn't write the song at all, but that it was handed to them by a higher power to create the perfect song. A song through which they were just a medium for a message from God Himself, where the song transcends all time and space to become majesty. These are only a few of these types of songs, and you are welcome to suggest more in the comments below. And please, forgive my hyperbole:

That's about it from here. Have a great weekend everyone! As SBG has already written, I'll be at Canterbury Park with SBG and Cheer or Die this weekend betting on the horses and smoking some stogies. Should be fun.

Posted by snackeru at June 10, 2005 1:02 PM | Lists

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me
Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Free

I love that one!

Posted by: SBG at June 10, 2005 2:29 PM

Shane: I will break it to you gently. The higher power that was the muse behind these great songs has a name. It is Hallucinogenic.

Psychedelic drugs can unlock some synapses previously uncharted and provide some great material. But then, someone explain 'Muskrat Love' to me!

Posted by: Brian Maas at June 10, 2005 4:17 PM

Ha! I actually thought about that myself. Of the 10 songs I have selected at least 8 were probably written "under the influence." Ah, but are not hallucinogens also a part of God's wonderful creation? Needless to say, God works in mysterious ways.

Posted by: Shane at June 10, 2005 5:26 PM

"Ah, but are not hallucinogens also a part of God's wonderful creation?"

Tell that to the DEA.

Posted by: SBG at June 11, 2005 3:22 AM

I don't think the DEA work on the behalf of God.

Posted by: frightwig at June 14, 2005 6:46 PM

Great songs and great blog.
:D

Posted by: Macarena at July 10, 2005 10:55 AM

Guys if you like these songs download

Rjd2 - Ghostwriter
The Wiseguys - Face The Flames
The Bees - Go Karts

These songs are all amazing unique songs of which you'll never hear any other like them. Obviously all written under the effects of hallucinagenic drugs. I've been listening to alot of music rcently that was written under the influence of certain drugs, and i've discovered them to be the most mind opening, enchanting and emotional songs. I was listening to Lemon Jelly - Page One (Get it) whilst i myself was intoxicated and the beautiful, multiple layers of soothing piano almost made me cry. Amazing songs. Lemon Jelly Rule xxx

Posted by: nial at August 11, 2005 7:58 AM