June 15, 2005
Links of the day
- Author of the Anarchist Cookbook renounces his work and calls it "misguided" on Amazon.com
- Ever wonder how to "Prepare half a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese" or "Tune a guitar"? Visit wikiHow.
- Vader on Wheel of Fortune. Creative (audio important on this one)
- Very interesting. Laptops outsell desktops for the first time.
- 30 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do on the Web. Some things I knew, others I didn't.
- Fascinating list of strange roadside attractions (with descriptions) in Minnesota. This will be very helpful when the Twins leave and I'm looking for things to do on future summer nights.
- Yotophoto.com. Find free stock photos to use, I guess, as you see fit.
- "I am a Japanese school teacher." Hilarious and unbelievable stories from an African-American English teacher in Japan.
- Things my girlfriend and I have argued about. Another hilarious site. (from Broken Wing)
- Build a decent air conditioner for around $30. If I was a poor college student I would give this a try.
- Live 8. What I would give to get to thie London concert. Pink Floyd? U2? Sting? REM? This would be heaven on earth.
Posted by snackeru at June 15, 2005 8:26 PM | Links of the day
very important news today--PacMan is 25 yrs old!
Posted by: mom at June 16, 2005 7:02 AM
Thanks Shane! Your 'Links of the Day' are truly a treasure. There should be some kind of trophy for this kind of thing.
Posted by: Andy W. at June 16, 2005 12:40 PM
Wow, Andy. I really appreciate that. I didn't know if anyone really liked my "Links of the Day." I will keep it up then. Just for you!
Posted by: Shane at June 16, 2005 1:54 PM
Well, I went to that "Things You Didn't Know You Could Do On the Web" and look what I found:
"Self-publishing: Aaron Gleeman, editor in chief of the Hardball Times baseball site, used a more traditional method of generating income from his hobby. He published a couple of books, including The Hardball Times Baseball Annual, through Lulu Press. The royalties allow him to pay his writers a small stipend and to make a comfortable if not cushy living."
Score one for Twins bloggers!
Posted by: TwinsJunkie at June 16, 2005 11:40 PM