< Temple of Columns | Main | OK, just why are you here? >

Books I am excited to read

As you might imagine I use the library a lot. As a result I have a lot of books on hold. These are the books I am most excited to read that are in my hold list right now:

There you have it. If you know of any other books that you think I would enjoy based on this list or any of the other books I have read please let me know. I'm always on the lookout for a good read.

Posted by snackeru at June 27, 2005 4:17 PM | Books | Lists

Of course you will be lending me the Harry Potter book upon your completion of it, correct?

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at June 28, 2005 8:32 AM

Shane: Lend a book to a Cheesehead and it will just come back with Cheetos stains on the pages.

Posted by: Brian Maas at June 28, 2005 9:25 AM

What I am thinking, but won't say, is that I am surprised that Packer fans can read! (Sorry CC, but I couldn't resist).

My wife will be line at the Grand Forks Barnes and Noble on midnight, July 16, to get the new Harry Potter. I won't get a chance to read it until after she is done, unfortunately. Shane hates it when librarians buy books rather than using the library, but we simply can't wait for the book to come available at the mighty Grand Forks Public Library.

I am also looking forward to "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. It seems in the same vein as the "Da Vinci Code," which I really liked. I have no idea when the Grand Forks Public Library will get this title, though.

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at June 28, 2005 9:59 AM

mmmmm Cheetos....

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at June 28, 2005 11:22 AM

Curt, I have softened my stance on librarian book buying a little bit, especially considering what part of the country you live in. Sometimes I take it for granted how much information and access I have at my fingertips by virtue of working at the U and having a Hennepin County library card. It is easy for me not to buy books. It is not as easy for you.

So, enjoy the new Harry Potter.

Craig, if I have some time left after I finish reading it, you can certainly have it after me. I expect I'll have it finished in a week at the most.

Posted by: Shane at June 28, 2005 12:41 PM