< Links of the day | Main | My most recent purchase >

Humbled

• Cheesehead Craig and I finally were able to partake in another Backyard Border Battle Event this weekend. We played croquet, which after my drubbing I consider one of the stupidest sports ever invented. Fun? No. Stupid? Yes. Here is our croquet field:

croquet.jpg

CC and I played best out of 3 during the match, and CC just crushed me. He beat me 2 games to nothin' and I don't think I ever led once. It was humiliating. Who invented croquet anyway? Some idiot would be my guess. So, that brings our competition to a 2-2 tie with chess, Stratego, and mini-golf left to play. If the results of our home-run derby and croquet are any indication I may be in trouble when we play any sport that involves hitting a ball with a stick. Needless to say, I'm going to try to practice mini-golf a little bit before our next competition.

And since now the overall Border Battle competition is all tied up, CC and I are considering adding more events including bowling, bocce ball, Irish lawn darts, and Dodge ball (like they play at the Metrodome). We are going to stand on top of Craig's house and throw balls into the back of his Dodge mini-van. That should be fun. I'm not sure if we'll add these events or not. W'll keep you posted.

• And as I said, this last weekend my younger son and I went on a little overnight camping trip together called "Fun With Son." Here is a picture of the campfire we had:

campfire.jpg

Here is a picture of my son "knocking" an arrow:

arrows.jpg

Here is a picture of the candle we made at the candle-making station:

candles.jpg

Of course, we had a blast. Cub Scouts rule!

Posted by snackeru at July 31, 2005 10:01 PM | Life

Told you the hammer of cheese was going to come down on you!

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 1, 2005 10:21 AM

It is time for the Shane Posse to intervine and assure a couple of Shane win's. Expect Tonya Harding to appear on Craig's doorstep any day now....pipe in hand.

Posted by: Brian Maas at August 1, 2005 11:24 AM

Tonya's a member of the Posse? Wow, she HAS really fallen on hard times then...

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 1, 2005 11:41 AM