< Things are not looking good | Main | Well, that was unexpected ... >

Statistics and cats

Statistics are evil. For one thing they are addictive, and secondly they show you things that sometimes you just don't want to see. Let's take this blog, for example. From the statistics I can see that about 75-100 people come and read this blog everyday, and about another 100-150 people find other, older pages of this blog through search engines, mainly Google. And what people are searching for to find this blog is what I find troubling. Check this table out. It shows the most common words people use to find my blog through a search engine:

12163.30%the
10642.89%rabbits
10302.80%machine
7372.00%greet
4831.31%life
4811.31%and
4611.25%stadium
3330.90%twins

Did you catch that? The most common search term after "the" for this site is "rabbits." Rabbits! This is due to the fact that last April Fool's day I wrote one entry about rabbits, and how I was only going to only blog about rabbits from that point on. Obviously, this was a joke. But now, it seems, my blog is the rabbit blog of the entire Internet. Argh! You would think the most popular search term would be "stadiums" but nope ... it is "rabbits." I try and I try, but it seems my efforts are all for naught...

So, given the fact that people seem to like reading about rabbits more than stadiums, today I am going to show pictures of my cats. See the connection? No? Too bad, because cats are what you are going to get.

cats

This is "Azul" and "Trinity." Azul is named such because of his blue eyes, and Trinity is named for Trinity of The Matrix fame. At first we named Azul "Neo" to complete the Trinity/Neo pairing, but people thought we were calling him "Neal." So we changed it. And now we don't even call him Azul anymore, but usually a variation like "Ozzie" or "Oswald." He doesn't seem to mind.

Azul

Here is a close up of Azul. He is a big cat, at least twice as big as Trinity now. Both of the cats are Ragdolls.

Trinity

And here is a close up of Trinity. By far the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. I may be biased, but she is so sleek and soft, so feminine and feline ... she is the perfect "cat."

There you have it. Have a good weekend!

Posted by snackeru at September 9, 2005 8:35 AM | Life

Bah! Cats on a blog about sports??? What are you thinking? By the way, Jags is the most beautiful cat in all the land.

Posted by: SBG at September 9, 2005 10:13 AM

Hey, I give the people what they want. The people obviously want to read about cute, furry animals.

Jags? No way. It is like comparing Mario Elie to Michael Jordan. Trinity is the most beautiful, hands down...

Posted by: Shane at September 9, 2005 11:01 AM

Mario Elie? Are you kidding me? You are a lucky man, Shane, that Lucy is not violent and detests guns.

Posted by: SBG at September 9, 2005 11:22 AM

Let's take it easy on Mario Elie! He played on a couple of world championship teams, bit a couple of big shots, and played in the NBA long enough that he probably doesn't need an honest job for the rest of his life! On the subject of cats, should I sneeze even once during my visit to Nackerud farm, I will request my money back!!

Curt in Grand Forks (where cats fear to tread)

Posted by: Curt Hanson at September 9, 2005 1:32 PM

Curt! I had no idea you were such a Mario Elie apologist. A good player, to be sure, but he was no Jordan. The Jags to Trinity comparison comes to mind.

Have no fear! Cats are banned in the Curt Hanson Memorial room, as I already told you. In fact, I shall dust it right now to make sure you are sneeze free during your weekend visit!

Posted by: Shane at September 9, 2005 3:02 PM

There will be reprisals for this.

Posted by: SBG at September 9, 2005 3:45 PM

you crazy shane. me bestest and handsomest cat ever.

Posted by: Jags at September 9, 2005 6:53 PM

Am I the only one who noticed that Shane was wearing a pink shirt while holding his cats? Shane, your fashion sense surprises me...

Posted by: Tim at September 9, 2005 8:17 PM

Tasty looking cats! Grog got new rub for cats.

Here kitty kitty! Grog has nice treat for you...

Posted by: Grog at September 9, 2005 10:03 PM