September 16, 2005
Links of the day
Beacuse of my two day silence I feel like I owe you, my loyal reader, something more today. It is because I love you! On with the Links of the Day!
- In 2004 The Onion mocked razor companies like Gillette for the number of blades on their razors and the competition surrounding that number. In this article, Gillette angrily announces their intentions to come out with 5 blades!
- Almost 2 years later, The Onion's prediciton turns out to be true. Gillette announces a 5 blade razor with two (2!) lubricating strips! When will the madness end?
- How to rip DVDs on your computer with further advice on how to shrink your DVD and burn it back on to a 4.7 GB DVD. Copyright concerns, anyone?
- A silly little song about llamas. Perfect for a Friday afternoon. Crank it!
- Check out this speed test for your internet connection.
- Here is a handy Firefox extension for screen captures called ScreenGrab. This will help me immensly.
- OK, this is too cool. The new controller for the Nintendo Revolution is actually quite revolutionary. Who would have thunk? Nintendo's last gasp, or will this take the world by storm?
- Dr. Grammar's frequently asked questions. Helpful. Alot or A lot? Which or that? Good or well? Now you'll know.
- How to vanish in America without a trace. Just for future reference, if I ever need to disappear I'm going to New Zealand where I will take the surname "Jorgenson." In case you need to find me ...
- Free public record search engine called PRetrieve. Put your name in and see what it can find. Try the advanced search to put in a zip code.
- OK, I'm impressed. Someone has invented a kind of "super water" that kills single cell organisms, speeds healing of burns, wounds and diabetic ulcers, but is harmless to humans. Very interesting.
- Google maps combined with census data. Very handy, I suppose, if I had any use for this data (which I don't).
- Animal Reviews! Check out this site to see how your favorite animals stack up. Not many reviews yet, but a cat gets a 7.6 and a rabbit gets a 2.1 (out of 10). Humorous.
- Considering joining the Church of Scientology? Take a look at the mythology around this "Xenu" character. Very enlightening, to say the least ...
That's it. Have a great weekend everyone...
Posted by snackeru at September 16, 2005 4:00 PM | Links of the day
Hubbard is a crackpot! I can write better science fiction than this.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at September 16, 2005 4:36 PM
Did you register your "Links of the Day" mark with the USPTO? If not, you should use TM and not the (R)!
Posted by: SBG at September 16, 2005 6:36 PM
Thanks SBG! I have made the change! Nice to have a lawyer around...
Posted by: Shane at September 16, 2005 8:30 PM
Do you really mean that? Nice to have a lawyer around????? :)
Posted by: SBG at September 17, 2005 11:40 AM
Well of course I mean it! I've got nothing against lawyers...
In fact, SBG, you are my favorite lawyer, bar none!
Posted by: Shane at September 17, 2005 11:50 AM