< The best weekend ever part one: U2 | Main | Stoicism >

The best weekend ever part two: The rest of the weekend

So, the first part of my weekend was the phenomenal U2 concert. Amazing stuff. Now, and I know you were waiting for this, here is a full description of why this was the best weekend of my whole life. Unfortunately it will have to be in abbreviated (bulleted!) form, but hopefully you'll get the picture.

That's it. I hope you can see, for a married man like me with three kids, this was an unbelievably fun weekend.

Needless to say, my wife now has free reign to do whatever she wants, spend however much money she wants to spend, and pretty much tell me to shut up if I put up any kind of resistance. That is the price I have to pay, and yes, it was worth it!

Posted by snackeru at September 26, 2005 4:12 PM | Life

Yes, a great weekend was had by all! But I believe the credit for the Vikings victory has to go to me, as I was wearing my Vikings wrist band on my left hand instead of the usual right. In addition, I also wore the pom-poms we were given in the back of my hat as if it were hair. I think that combination put us over the top. Thanks for a great weekend!!

Curt (back in boring) Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at September 27, 2005 8:40 AM

I saw U2 in 1987 at RFK ($15.00 GA on the playing field!).

They ended with "40" and everyone (40,000 strong) were singing in unison "How long to sing this song" at the end of the song. The crowd sang it as U2 left the stage, we sang it as the lights came up and we exited the stadium, we sang it in the parking lot, and there were still groups of people singing it in the subway on the way back to their homes. I was humming it to myself for days afterward. Talk about an emotional concert.

Saw U2 May 2001 at Target Center and it was a great show too, but nothing could ever match that 1987 experience.

P.S. Last Starfighter is one of those unsung classics that appeals almost entirely to boys of all ages.

Posted by: freealonzo at September 27, 2005 9:39 AM

I have to agree that Curt did make that movie even more enjoyable. Thanks again for inviting me to come along (and for having me over for the 4th quarter of the Badger game). By the way, "Where's Anders?"

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at September 27, 2005 10:05 AM

I must have made quite an impression, because I don't even remember seeing Housesitter! I do remember, though, watching a Three Stooges film in elementary school and all of the other kids staring at me because I just couldn't control my laughter. And I'll be laughing again when the Vikes throttle the Falcons this week!!

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Anonymous at September 28, 2005 9:14 AM

Freealonzo -- what upsets me most about the U2 concert is the fact that it was the first time I saw them. Here is the band of my generation and I don't see them live until I am 32? Unforgiveable. So, for you to say you saw them in 1987 is almost painful for me to read. I am happy for you, but just ticked off with myself...

Craig -- You can come over and watch the Badgers anytime! Glad you had a good time...

And Curt, I actually remember something you don't? Amazing! Yes, we watched Housesitter in the Biology building theater and you literally had the entire crowd laughing hysterically. It was wonderful.

Posted by: Shane at September 28, 2005 9:25 AM