< Tide you over | Main | My visit with the Little Brown Jug >

If you want something you've got to ask for it

Calyx First of all, I just wanted to tell all of you that the bottom of an apple is called a "calyx." I learned this little tidbit while watching the news this morning, and I thought I would pass that information along. Now, the next time you are eating an apple, you can impress your friends and family with your new-found knowledge. No need to thank me.

Little Brown Jug Secondly, and more importantly, if you'll recall I said in my first post today that I was going to try to take some pictures of the Little Brown Jug. Well, let's just say that it is "mission accomplished" on that front. Not only did I get to take some pictures of the jug, I also got to hold the jug. I kid you not. I actually held the oldest, most important, most priceless travelling trophy in all of college football history.

Stay tuned for my story and my pictures of said event tomorrow. Needless to say, it was quite exciting for me.

Posted by snackeru at October 11, 2005 12:58 PM | Life | Stuff I wonder about

I can't wait!

Posted by: bjhess at October 11, 2005 3:37 PM

If this "mission accomplished" is similar to other proclaimatons of mission accomplished, I am assuming that you have dropped the jug and it shattered into a gazillion pieces.

Posted by: SBG at October 11, 2005 4:15 PM