< Clarification | Main | If you want something you've got to ask for it >

Tide you over

• If you didn't get a chance to see U2 on Late Night with Conan O'Brien last week, it was a very enjoyable show. The Edge and Bono did "In the year 2000" with Conan, and they played "All Because of You," "Original of the Species," "Stuck in a Moment," and "Vertigo." I know, some strange choices there. Anyway, during the interview segment, Conan was asking Bono about how they are treated in their home town of Dublin, and Bono said (something like) this:

"In America, when you are younger and you see the really nice house on top of the hill you say to yourself, 'One day I'm going to live in a house like that.'

If you are Irish in Ireland, you look up the hill at that nice house and you say to yourself, 'One day I'm going to get that son of a bitch.'"

I thought that was hilarious.

• Today I'm going to try to take a picture of the Jug. I will let you know if I am successful.

• More later...

Posted by snackeru at October 11, 2005 8:23 AM | Life

Bono condones physically assaulting rich people and you think it's hilarious. Yep, that's some hero you got there.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at October 11, 2005 9:36 AM

That is the Minnesota way. We can't stand to see people making money, especially rich people. Because if someone is making money, that means someone else isn't. We can't have that!

Posted by: Shane at October 11, 2005 9:39 AM

I was disappointed in the song selection. They were all played well, but I would have chosen other songs. The Bono quote was hilarious; I almost woke up the baby laughing!

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at October 11, 2005 10:05 AM

I thought the comment hilarious as well, although I did not see the show. Thanks for sharing.

And it is sad commentary that because you work hard, become successful, and can live well that someone else who doesn't lift a finger believes they are entitled to a share of your money anyway. But that's for a Four Hoarse Men entry someday.

PS: Is CC chippy today because 1) his Packers finally won a game, over a high school team or 2) he knows that Bucky Badger is going to get stomped on this coming weekend and he's trying to get his licks in now?

Posted by: Brian Maas at October 11, 2005 10:08 AM

COD-piece,
The Vikings only win is also over said high-school team, one they almost blew, I might add. The Packers at least kicked the snot out of them.

It's going to be a great game on Saturday. I look forward to Alvarez raising The Axe in triumph.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at October 11, 2005 11:12 AM

oh oh, better cue the mushroom cloud again.... the Strib is reporting that house republicans don't want to have a special session at all not even for gophers stadium... Say they will take it up immediately in March.

Also any luck with a photo of the jug? I went looking for it over lunch and couldn't find it.

Posted by: freealonzo at October 11, 2005 12:58 PM

In March??? WHATS THE RUSH?????? C'mon House Republicans, you can hold out even longer to stop progress in the state of MN...c'mon, I know you can do it.

Posted by: Kevin in AZ at October 11, 2005 11:39 PM