< Boring vs. Interesting: Day 12 | Main | Ellen Anderson, my new enemy >

That is what I'm talking about!

• Wow. The Vikings looked really good yesterday. I think Jay Glazer nailed it on the head when he asked Mike Tice at half time, "Where have you been for 6 weeks?" Just look at what this team was able to do:

Having said all of this, let's do a little "reality check" here: The Vikings were playing against quite possibly the worst QB in the division, who, on top of being just flat out putrid, had no one to pass to besides the fleet-footed Mike Williams and the undrafted Scottie Vines (who?). If Garcia was in there I still think the Vikings would have won, but it would have been much closer.

Still, for this victory I give all the credit to the Vikings defense. They played with passion and determination and it was nice to see them dominate for a change. Detroit punted 5 times! That was nice to see.

And of course, I gotta say something about Brad Johnson. Johnson only passed for 136 yards, but, again, he capitalized on Detroit turnovers and the Vikings were running the ball well. I know he provided some sort of "calming effect" on the team, but I'm not ready to name him the starter next year. Let's see if he can string together a couple of nice games before we hand over the keys to the car. Besides, Daunte had a pretty nice game against Green Bay and I'll take that performance over Johnson's performance over the Lions any day of the week. Don't get me wrong, I love Brad Johnson, and I think he did a great job. We are lucky to have him. Let's just see if he can beat the Giants.

If the Vikings can beat the Giants next week ... well, that would be something. After their performance yesterday, though, I do have some hope.

Posted by snackeru at November 7, 2005 8:48 AM | Vikings