November 24, 2005
I am thankful for a lot of things, much like last year:
- I am thankful that Zygi Wilf bought the Vikings. Now, I only have to worry about one team leaving the state.
- I am thankful for Brad Johnson, although I'm not sure Daunte Culpepper feels the same way.
- I am thankful for the fact that my son plays piano. I love to hear him play.
- I am thankful that I am a Den Leader for my son's Cub Scout Tiger Den. It is a big commitment, but it is definitely rewarding.
- I am thankful that freealonzo ingtroduced me to the music of Johnny Cash. I must say I had no idea I would enjoy his American Recordings so much.
- I am thankful that I got to go to a U2 concert with my best buddy in the whole world Curt in Grand Forks. What a weekend!
- I am thankful for my family vacation to the Black Hills of South Dakota. That was a whirlwind, but it was also a whole lotta fun.
- I am NOT thankful that Cheesehead Craig put anti-stadium propaganda up in my windows while I was gone. Not cool. Funny, but definitely not cool.
- I am thankful for this blog and the fact that I have met so many people through it, namely SBG and COD. It has been great getting to know you two this year, and I'm sure Cheesehead Craig will agree, we need to get together again soon!
- I am thankful that Glen Taylor refuses to trade KG. Without KG I shudder to think what the fan support would be like at the Target Center.
- I am thankful for my daughter. Nothing in particular, just that she is the way she is. I could be in the foulest mood ever, but one smile from her changes everything.
- I am thankful that today is Thanksgiving. This is without a doubt my favorite meal of the year. As my father-in-law likes to say, "I'm gonna eat until my butt sticks out."
- I am thankful for Park Spanish Immersion, the local public school I send my kids to. My oldest child speaks fluent Spanish now and I still can't believe it.
- I am thankful for my DVR. It is a strange thing to be thankful for, I know, but it has freed my wife and I from the prison of nightly TV watching (and commercials). What a wonderful invention!
- I am thankful that I got to hold the Jug. That was a lot of fun.
- I am thankful for all the readers of this blog, especially readers like bjhess, freealonzo, Jim in St. Paul, Vince, spycake, Jeff, Jx2, DEG, David Wintheiser, Andy Wink, frightiwg, Kevin in AZ, COD, SBG, Chapman, Tim, Curt in Grand Forks, Cheesehead Craig, and Cheesehead's wife. Without all of you, I would still probably write on this here site, but I would wonder even more than I do now, "What is the point?"
- I am thankful that the Twins drew over 2 million fans this year. It is yet another reason the Twins should not be contracted.
- I am thankful that my wife ran the TC 10K this year. It was a big time commitment, and it was a a big effort, but she did it and I am very proud of her.
- I am thankful for politicians like Mike Opat. Opat isn't afraid to take a stand and do what is right for Minnesota. I wish we had more like him.
- I am thankful for spring training, opening day, training camp, spring practice, pre-season, regular season, midnight madeness, march madness, super sunday, game seven, first round, wild cards, and just flat out going to the game.
- I am thankful for my home, my family, my health, my friends, my job, and my cats.
- I am thankful for my wife. Without her, life would be very lonely, and I would never clean the house.
That should cover it for this year. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Posted by snackeru at November 24, 2005 10:19 AM | Life
Happy Thanksgiving, Shane!
Posted by: bjhess at November 24, 2005 9:50 PM
Just a simple "thanks" for the great forum for info, humor, etc...
Posted by: Jim in St. Paul at November 25, 2005 7:02 PM
I am thankful for you Shane. I could not ask for a better neighbor.
The anti-stadium propaganda was funny. Glad you enjoyed it, stay tuned, more is on the way.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at November 26, 2005 7:48 PM