< I can't believe what I'm reading | Main | The Pride of North Dakota >

Where have you gone?

mokeski.jpgWhere have you gone Paul Mokeski? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you ...

Posted by snackeru at December 8, 2005 8:13 AM | Sports

So when you face writer's block, and can't find anything else to write about, you feel the need to pick on Paul Mokeski! This is very sad and remarkably un-Christian! Let the record show that Mokeski was a solid NBA role player who could hit the open shot (note that I did not use the word "jumper" as I am sure that Mokeski could not jump) when it was given to him. He played in the NBA for twelve seasons, averaged a respectable 11.4 points per game, and probably never has to work a real job again for the rest of his life.

Your views on Mokeski are just so similar to how you feel about Denny Hocking. Just an average guy who comes to work every day, gives a 100%, and is not a distraction in the club house. And yet you feel the need to denigrate him any chance you get. In his defense, all I need to ask is this: How many playoff series have the Twins won since they let him go: ZERO!

Do us all a favor; quit picking on un-athletic white guys and go back to belittling atheists.

Curt in Grand Forks (Defender of all un-athletic white guys in professional sports)

Posted by: Curt Hanson at December 8, 2005 9:24 AM

Ahh, Paul Mokeski - lifetime member of the NBA's All-Ugly team. Anyone have any other nominations? I pick Georghe Muresan, Kevin Willis, and Sam Cassell.

Posted by: chapman at December 8, 2005 9:55 AM

Curt! I meant no offense! Mokeski is the MAN! And a future resident of your corn field to boot! Let's not forget that! I honestly wonder where he has gone to ...

Posted by: Shane at December 9, 2005 9:10 AM