December 9, 2005
Links of the day
- Another, and better, throught provoking piece about the Chronicles of Narnia from a non-Christian. Again, Lewis only meant these books to be an introduction to Christianity (not a mirror), and ultimately it is up to the reader to make them what he/she will. From freealonzo.
- If you didn't read SBG's tribute to John Lennon you missed out on something good. Take a moment to read it. Thought provoking and well written. Everything we've come to expect from SBG.
- Did you read that CBS will stream the first two rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament for free online? I cannot imagine how their servers will be able to handle this. They are going to be crushed.
- The annual Fimoculous "Best Of" lists compilation for the year 2005. There is something about lists that people just love.
- Why McDonalds Fries Taste So Good. Interesting.
- This one is for me: The Future of HTML Part 1. Nifty.
- Worst analogies ever written in a high school essay. Hilarious list of bad analogies like: Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze. Priceless!
- How It Should Have Ended ... alternate endings to some recent blockbusters. Check out the new ending for the Matrix Revolutions. That would have rocked!
- If you haven't seen this Onion article: Rest of U2 Perfectly Fine with Africans Starving. "When Bono starts telling the audience how messed up the world can be and how we should work together to make things better, I usually just zone out," Mullen said.
- Download "D.J. Riko's Christmas mix album" full of "Xmas oddities, including rarities, non-English songs, and lots of upbeat holiday tuneage." I shall have to have a listen.
- If you didn't see this, you should check it out: John Seigenthaler has a little beef with Wikipedia, and it is justified.
- Interview with the creator of the other I.D. -- incompetent design. I'd be interested in what everyone thinks about stuff like this, as I am too much of a wimp to share my own opinions.
That's all I got for now.
Posted by snackeru at December 9, 2005 8:19 AM | Links of the day
What?!! No shout out to 2005 Outland Trophy Winner Greg Eslinger of the Minnesota Golden Gophers (and former ND resident)? Oh the humanity!
Posted by: freealonzo at December 9, 2005 9:26 AM