December 20, 2005
Links of the day
Here is a special "Shane's on vacation" edition of Links of the day! Yep, I'm still in Disney World! No doubt I'm having a good time!
- Really neat webpage from Gamespot which ranks their "Greatest Video Games of All Time." Nice to see Mike Tyson's Punch Out on there.
- Find out how many cans of your favorite carbonated beverage it would take to kill you. Interesting stuff.
- Speaking of beverages, all of these sound disgusting. Has anyone ever had any of this stuff? Let me know how it really tastes!
- A bit of good news out of Iraq concerning their recent elections. The atmosphere there is described as "festive" and "electric." Not the typical news you here about.
- The Weblog Awards 2005. Some good sites are listed here in all sorts of categories. Find a new blog to read, or see where your favorite blog is ranked. Sadly, the Greet Machine is nowhere to be found. This site is probably too big of a deal for these measly awards...
- It is rare when a web site can really deliver on what it promises. This site, Cute Overload, really delivers, though. All sorts of cute stuff. A guy could get sick looking at all of it.
- Customizable news feeds printed on toilet paper ... now why didn't I think of that?
- Interesting animated gif of the history of our alphabet. I wonder why a person decides to create something like this.
- Some online games to keep you busy while you wait for your vacation to start. Watch out! Your boss is coming! Get back to work!
- Awesome! This site teaches you how to tie all sorts of knots. This is a good one for a Cub Scout den leader like me.
- Top 10 Innovative Web 2.0 Applications of 2005. Nifty.
- From Wired magazine, the Firefox "hacks" you just have to have.
- Yet another list: top 10 alternative search engines. Good list of search engines, some of which I have never heard of.
- Google video of the new Nintendo Revolution controllers (joysticks?). If you've never seen what Nintendo is up to, it really is fascinating.
- If you've got any kids, this site is a must for Christmas Eve: Norad Tracks Santa. My wife and I use this to get our kids into bed, "Look Santa is on the east coast and he's headed our way! You better get to bed! I wonder how long this will work? I think our 10 year old is on to us...
Have a good day everyone! See you soon! It is off to Space Mountain for me...
Posted by snackeru at December 20, 2005 8:31 AM | Links of the day
Episode II is up on the Adventures of Larry Legend. Shane's beloved Christmas ornament is having a more exciting time than he is, I bet.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at December 20, 2005 9:10 AM