< My family's trip to Disney World | Main | Blogging while everyone is on vacation... >

Let's make this clear...

In the famous words of one of my favorite comic book characters growing up, "Big fat hairy deal." Let's spell it out in a mathematical equation type format:

$30 million increase in cost + "absolutely" no more money from the Twins + moronic legislators + "talk is cheap" governor = No New Twins Stadium

Whatever plan Pawlenty is going to put together will go absolutley nowhere. The sooner we come to this conclusion, the better.

This is my immediate reaction...

Posted by snackeru at December 28, 2005 9:27 AM | Stadiums

Agreed. I'd love to hear Pawlenty explain why he didn't bother endorsing the plan earlier, especially since any new plan will likely cost the public another $30+ million. (Of course, he still won't address his cigarette "fee"/"tax" debacle that's got the budget in jeopardy either...)

Also disturbing is the revelation that Hennepin County had to twist Pohlad's arm (perhaps literally) to get the $125 million cash contribution. That should be the MINIMUM cash offered by the team (and should be negotiable upward to half or $200 million, IMHO), but clearly Pohlad views that as sufficient compromise from his side.

As mad as we are with Pawlenty and other politicians, the Twins have spent 12 years (according to Sid) working on this stadium without ONCE engaging in open, genuine negotiations with the public. They've consistently worked in secret with select officials, named the terms and said "take it or leave it." The fact that we keep leaving it should tell them something about their terms and tactics, but oh well...

Posted by: spycake at December 28, 2005 10:37 AM

Anybody else hear Mike Opat discuss his meeting with Pawlenty, on the Barreiro show last night?

Posted by: chapman at December 28, 2005 11:58 AM