< So long, Wally | Main | High Five Machine! >

Chuck Foreman: the greatest Viking ever!

As many of you know, it was my birthday last Tuesday. Usually, I get a present from my parents, my wife and kids ... and my college roommate. Yes, as strange as that sounds, my best friend and college roommate still not only remembers my birthday, but he also gives me a present. And usually it just isn't any present, it is obvious he puts some thought into it. This year this is what he got for me:

chuckmedal.jpg

The Star Tribune Chuck Foreman medallion! Can you believe it? Chuck Foreman is by far my favorite Viking of all time. The number 44 is an almost mythical number to me. When the Vikes gave Leroy Hoard that number I cried for days. Fortunately, no one one the Vikings has that number now. I'm not sure anyone will ever be worthy of it.

So, thanks Curt in Grand Forks! I was thrilled to receive this gift!!!!

And as an aside, this gift made me think of other Vikings memorabilia I have, and I came up with this box of Moss' Magic Crunch. Anyone else have this box? Anyone know what it is worth? Seeing this box kind of ticks me off now thinking that the Vikings used to have the greatest WR in the NFL. The cereal was good though.

mossbox.jpg

Posted by snackeru at January 27, 2006 10:05 PM | Vikings

I may put thought into it, but I certainly didn't put any money into it! With the poor Canadian dollar the way it is, all I could afford was $3! Happy Birthday (again)!

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at January 27, 2006 8:46 PM

The best thing about Moss' Magic Crunch (apart from the proper use of the apostrophe to show possession) is it wasn't terribly popular, or they made far too many boxes. In any case, it eventually went on clearance for ultra-cheap (fifty cents? a buck?) and I stocked up and enjoyed Moss' Lucky Charms for quite a while.

There should be more local-athlete/cereal tie-ins. "Daunte Flakes," anyone?

Posted by: spycake at January 27, 2006 8:58 PM

Hello Shane-

I researched your Moss Magic Crunch query. (drum roll please) An autographed box sold for $20.00, not autographed? Well, more value if you eat the cereal! (ranging $2.00-$6.68)

Jen

Posted by: Jen from Grand Forks at January 30, 2006 7:01 PM

So, I won't be sending my kids to college on the proceeds of selling my Moss' Magic Crunch ... I better go play the lottery! Thanks Jen!

Posted by: Shane at January 30, 2006 7:04 PM