February 1, 2006
Links of the day
Busy, busy. Enjoy these links!
- Finally, justice is being served. Magnum P.I. is finally getting its due on the big screen. Now I can die happy.
- "The Last Question" ... Isaac Asimov's favorite story he ever wrote? Interesting. Good lunch time read.
- Yes! I can't tell you how many times I have needed graph paper helping my kids with their homework. Now, the universe of graph paper is mine to command!
- Stickies for your web page. Looks interesting, but how useful are they really?
- Check out this search on the new Chinese version of Google for "tianamen." Happy, smiling people.
- Now check out the same search for "tianamen" on the American version of Google. People about to get squashed. Google has sold its soul.
- Firefly Season 2: This site is trying to gauge whether or not people would pay money to see another season of Firefly. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like a legit site. I signed up; I love Firefly.
- Fantastic article on why Hamas' victory in the Palestinian Authority is a good thing. No more hiding, now Hamas has to lead. Really thought provoking.
- Quite possibly the world's greatest 404 page. The only site where you maybe even want to get the 404 message.
- The 100 Best First Lines from Novels. This is really cool. I like number 8, number 47, number 53, and of course, number 9. Way more entertaining than I thought it would be.
- The Sphynx: the world's ugliest cat. They ain't lying.
- Fascinating article from CNN Money why ethanol may be our answer to our "addiction to oil."
- And finally, a cool listing of the world's most spoken languages. I had no idea Arabic was so high. And where is Latin? I've been looking all over for it ...
Posted by snackeru at February 1, 2006 8:21 AM | Links of the day
I tend to agree more with Dvorak on the whole "Google is evil" fascination.
Posted by: bjhess at February 1, 2006 10:35 AM
Sorry for the trouble with comments Barry. I have my blog set up to junk anything with a URL in the comment. To get around this, just put in a link without the http part.
Posted by: Shane at February 1, 2006 11:11 AM
Another great list, Shane! High five!
Posted by: SBG at February 1, 2006 12:33 PM
Thanks Wally ... er, SBG!
Posted by: Shane at February 1, 2006 1:04 PM
Yes, "The Last Question" is a good story. However, I much prefer Nightfall
Posted by: DouglasG at February 1, 2006 1:18 PM
I'll try to remember your strict rules going forward, comment Nazi. :)
Posted by: bjhess at February 1, 2006 1:29 PM