< Links of the day | Main | I choose anger! >

Winter Blues

What the heck is going on? I think winter is getting to me. Nothing is exciting. Nothing is worth writing about. It is all the same: get up, go to work, slave away, go home, do something else, go to bed, repeat. Where is the fire? Where is the life? Nothing. Just mundane monotony.

Quite frankly, I think my pessimism over this year's stadium bill chances is really bumming me out. And the goofy thing about that is, why? Why should this year be any different? It never works out! I should be used to it by now, but I guess I'm not.

My only hope to bring me out of these doldrums is winning the $180 million Powerball jackpot this weekend. That is the only thing that will make me happier. If I don't win, there is no telling what depths of depression I will enter. Wish me luck.

Posted by snackeru at February 2, 2006 8:59 AM | Life

"I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me"

"He's just a poor boy from a poor family
spare him his life from this monstrosity"

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at February 2, 2006 10:21 AM

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

If you're bored and out of ideas for what to do, check out www.sotanlife.com. It's an entertainment website for the Twin Cities, offering articles and a search engine for restaurants, bars, theater, and the music scene.

I am an editor there, and I would be interested to hear what you think of what we are doing.

Write back or e-mail me at neil@sotanlife.com.

Posted by: Neil at February 2, 2006 1:54 PM

I get to feeling that way sometimes, too. What's ironic is that a little over a week ago, you wrote about how full your life was. I do that, too. One day I'll be thrilled with all the fun and rewarding things going on in my life, and the next I'll be feeling like life stinks and everything is the same old same old. Somehow, I don't think we're the only two who do that.

You'll hit an uptick again. Just hang in there.

Posted by: Jeff A at February 2, 2006 2:20 PM

Thanks Jeff. You know, you are absolutely correct. Last week was good. Now I am feeling bad. It will all come around. Thanks for the reminder.

And thanks for the comment Neil. I did check out your site and I liked what I saw. Although, you don't review, or list, my favorite SLP restaurant Thanh Do on Minnetonka and Texas. You should send someone out to check it out!

Posted by: Shane at February 2, 2006 3:06 PM