< Cut me some slack | Main | Random musings >

OK OK OK ...

OK everyone. You've got to understand something. I've been writing about this Twins stadium mess for 3 years now. And I've been thinking about it for probably more than 10. Words cannot express both how much I want a new Twins stadium and how tired I am of thinking about it.

So, I'm not sure I can totally stop writing about this issue. I have too much invested in this at this point in time. I also believe that this might be the last year. I have learned not to make any predictions, so I won't do that, but I think there may just be one more big push for a new home for the Twins. And then that is it. We'll have what we have.

In other words, now is not the time to say I will be stopping. No, I'm all talk. The Greet Machine will live. However, I've been encouraged to start thinking about something different for a little while. At least until the legislature starts their predictable bickering, partisan politics, and do-nothing ways.

I need to refresh my thinking. So, I will be writing about some other stuff for a while. Family, maybe some politics, maybe some religion. Who is the better singer: Jessica or Ashlee. You know, important stuff. Whatever strikes me as interesting.

So there you have it. Hope springs eternal and all that jazz.

Posted by snackeru at February 15, 2006 3:32 PM | Stadiums

We need posts about bunnies! And chickens! And giraffes! We need our mammalian fix!

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at February 15, 2006 4:34 PM

Non-stadium topics for Greet Machine:

Star Wars v. Lord of the Rings
Gopher Hockey
Liberal v. Conservative Christians
Does Jesse Ventura now like V.P. Cheney because he's hunted man?
Pinewood derby speed tips
Dumb Kevin McHale trades and/or NBA rule changes
RSS and Movable Type 4.xxx primers
Stratego reenactments
Worst/Best concerts

Posted by: freealonzo at February 15, 2006 7:02 PM

It's all right to give yourself a break. I know this is something you care a lot about, but it is, at the end of the day, a hobby. I don't mean to minimize it by calling it that, just to point out that it isn't something you have to do, it's something you want to do.

A hobby must give you some sort of enjoyment, or why do it? While I'm know the whole stadium thing is frustrating for you, I assume that writing about it has given an outlet for that frustration, and that attempting to make a difference on the issue has been satisfying for you in some way. If right now it isn't satisfying, and isn't giving you any enjoyment, go ahead and stop for a while.

No matter how much we enjoy our hobbies, and in fact, no matter how much we enjoy our jobs, we all need a break from them once in a while, or it gets to be same old same old. So take one. My guess is that after a while, you'll get back the feeling you had, and be back to the way you were.

Posted by: Jeff A at February 16, 2006 8:56 AM