< Random musings | Main | My favorite songs right now >

Yes, it is cold

So, I was sitting at the bus stop yesterday freezing my butt off. I don't really need to tell all of you just how freakin' cold it is outside, but this is the type of cold that gives a person an understanding of just how someone could die of exposure. This is the type of cold where the tears from my eyes freeze to my face, the snot in my nose freezes, and my exposed skin feels like it has thousands of pins sticking in it. Makes me proud to be a Minnesotan.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was standing at the bus stop last night waiting over 20 minutes (!!!) for my bus to arrive. Man it was cold! To take my mind off of the cold I was listening to my iPod when suddenly the perfect song came on to brighten my mood:

"Surf Wax America" by Weezer

This brought a huge smile to my face, this song about beaches, surfing, waves, and beautiful weather. As I stood there singing along it suddenly wasn't so cold anymore. It is amazing how music can sometimes make -20 degree weather tolerable.

Posted by snackeru at February 17, 2006 10:41 AM | Life

It's a bit chilly here too Shane, I think it only reached 68..I had to wear a light jacket this morning. Yes yes, I know...You'll be the one laughing at me in July when it's 300 degrees down here.

Posted by: kevin in az at February 17, 2006 9:16 PM