< Of band names and new music | Main | There is a billboard outside of the Metrodome... >

Earbud covers are the worst invention ever!

• What follows are some instructions for configuring and using your brand new iPod: earbud.jpg

1. First open the package and locate the instructions.
  2. Following the instructions, install the iPod software and iTunes onto your computer.
  3. Using iTunes, rip a CD onto your computer, or purchase some new music.
  4. Connect your iPod to your computer and put some of your new music onto it.
  5. Locate your headphones and plug them in.

And now for the most important part of the instructions ...

6. Locate the earbud covers (also known as earbud foamies or earpads) and immediately throw them in the trash since you will most likely lose them within two weeks anyway!

Someone please tell me: is there a more pathetic product from Apple than the earbud cover? I would like to submit that there is NOT! Egads, these things tick me off. No matter how careful I am, no matter how religiously I check to make sure they are still on my earbuds, they always fall off. And then I am earbud-coverless! Yes, earbud-coverless!

I have no doubt that this is a conspiracy instigated by Apple to make oodles of money. New earbud covers cost upwards of $10 . $10!!! Some fatcat Apple executive is cackling in his office right now over the millions of lemmings giving him more money just so we can lose the new earbud covers in two weeks!

I refuse to play their little game! This post says that replacement earbud covers can be purchased at Radio Shack so that is what I am going to do. Who needs this kind of hassle, though? Now I have to go to Radio Shack? A pox on your house Apple! A pox on your house!

Posted by snackeru at March 22, 2006 8:31 AM | Stuff I wonder about

Great to see that you're back to normal, Shane.

Posted by: Jeff A at March 22, 2006 10:08 AM

For someone with mutated ears that cannot handle earbud covers, you sure do throw a lot of stones.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 22, 2006 11:16 AM

C'mon Shane. Your liberal McCathyist views are clear for everyone to see. You'll take a hand-out for a stadium, but disciminate against ear buds and the people who use them. You'll eat your apple pie, but throw away your ear buds. When will you people quit looking for everyone else to fix your problems? If you don't like the ear buds, throw them out and quit whining about them. You cheapskate iPod users are all the same.

Ear buds rule!

Posted by: Be nice, Shane at March 22, 2006 11:45 AM

Yes! You have discovered the key to my madness: I am anti-earbud. Somehow my discrimination against earbud covers ties directly to my desire for stadium construction in Minnesota. Thank you for making it so clear to me!

Down with earbuds!

Posted by: Shane at March 22, 2006 1:55 PM

Are your lost earbud covers getting embedded in your ear somehow? Maybe that's why iPods are thought to reduce hearing ability....

Posted by: spycake at March 22, 2006 2:52 PM

Oh man Shane, did you reference Brian Regan?

Posted by: TwinsJunkie at April 1, 2006 12:47 AM