< Earbud covers are the worst invention ever! | Main | I've got mad skills (or is that bad skills?) >

There is a billboard outside of the Metrodome...

walker.jpg

What the heck is this billboard trying to say? It features a straight, yellow line; a small peg way on the left; a ball; a hole of some sort, and then someone walking. I must be way too dense, because this billboard in no way makes me want to drink whiskey. It makes me say, "Huh?"

Any clues?

Posted by snackeru at March 23, 2006 7:27 AM | Stuff I wonder about

Here goes my thinking:
The striding man is the Walker symbol for "moving forward" as a business, it's their logo. The line represents 2 things, one is their customers life and the "bump" is a challenge they have to overcome. JW's position is that they will help you drink through it, until you get past that challenge. The second is that it represents the company's life as well and the "bump" was Prohibition.

It is completely geared to the crowd that drinks whiskey or hard liquors, and since you don't drink those, it really means nothing to you.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 23, 2006 8:36 AM

Maybe it's a golf analogy. Can't see enough detail in the pic, but maybe the peg is a tee and that ball is a putt hanging on the lip of the cup.

Sort of a "let it ride" type of message.

Posted by: chapman at March 23, 2006 8:40 AM

It's pretty obvious. The ground he's walking on also represents a line graph of time vs. height of head. Now, the guy walking is wasted off Johnnie Walker. The dip in the graph is from a point in time when he stopped walking, and lost his balance and fell to the ground. So, the point of the ad is to keep walking when you are really drunk. The text in the bottom left of the ad is essentially a paraphrase of what I just said.

Posted by: Tim at March 26, 2006 5:09 PM