< Paul Giel, you should be ashamed of yourself... | Main | You are invited! >

Quick Update: Ballpark Rally

• Sorry for my silence everyone! Sometimes work gets in the way of what is truly important: getting the Twins a new ballpark (ha!). Anywho, I just wanted to pass on that New Ballpark Inc, the people behind the website www.twinsballpark.org, are planning a rally for the new ballpark on the Rapid Park site this Monday (4/10) from 4:30 - 7:00 PM. Apparently, some important people will be there, like pro-stadium legislators and "politicos" as well as possibly representatives from the Twins.

Will I be there? I would definitely like to be. In fact, you can pencil me in, but I need to check with my significant other first, of course.

• Secondly, and this will be quick, I love it that the Gophers stadium is moving quickly through committees. Freealonzo even hints that the House floor may still be able to vote for it today! Amazing. Anyway, in closing, I just wanted to say pass the Gophers stadium bill fast so we can move on to the Twins. Here's hoping that passing one stadium bill will give our legislators the impetus they need to pass the next one (unlikely, I know).

UPDATE: Well, I just heard that Krinkie has pushed the Twins ballpark hearing back until April 19. Apparently, during committee work today he also said, "That will give you all time to work on your amendments." Gee thanks! What a guy. Anyway, hopefully my vote count for the Taxes Committee holds up.

Posted by snackeru at April 5, 2006 2:52 PM | Stadiums 2006

Looks like Thursday for full House vote on Gophers, not sure when Senate Finance and full Senate vote will be. Hopefully next week.

Posted by: freealonzo at April 5, 2006 4:42 PM

Wife or stadium rally? Wife or stadium rally? I wonder which one it will be. hmmmmm.

Posted by: vince at April 5, 2006 5:19 PM