May 2, 2006
Shuffle on my iPod!
I have started the shuffle on my iPod. Here are the songs that are coming out:
- "New Sensation" by INXS -- I love this song. Puts me in a good mood
- "Why Does my Heart Feel So Bad?" by Moby -- Not the best off of Play but it is still worth listening to.
- "Martha My Dear" by the Beatles -- A song about Paul McCartney's sheepdog. Now you know!
- "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers -- As much as this song got played I still really enjoy it. It is the perfect song about jealousy. Very catchy.
- "Never Coming Home" by Sting -- The Sacred Love album is really growing on me. I think it got a bum rap.
- "I Should Have Known Better" by the Beatles -- A great one off of A Hard Day's Night, which incidently was the first Beatles album where every song was written by the Fab Four.
- "The Laws Have Changed" by The New Pornographers -- Off of Electric Version, which may be a better album than the critically acclaimed Twin Cinema.
- "Till There Was You" by The Beatles -- Wow! A lot of Beatles today. I absolutely love this song. Originally off the Music Man, McCartney nails it. Just like in The Wedding Singer I dream of singing this to my wife on our 50th wedding anniversary.
- "Shh" by Frou Frou -- Yes, I am not ashamed to say I like this music. There big song is on the Garden State soundtrack, but the whole Frou Frou album is pretty good.
- "Don't Stand So Close To Me" by the Police -- Great tune. And actually, it is the song that finally broke them up. Sting thought they could remake it and a bunch of their old songs, and the sessions that resulted were so hateful the band parted ways. They only finished remaking this one, and it appears on their first Greatest Hits. I am listening to the original which is vastly superior to the remake.
- "Wonderful" by Brian Wilson -- Off of his second masterpiece Smile. This is a great song.
- "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" -by Weezer -- I love this song, I love this album (the Blue Album). Man, I'm getting a good shuffle so far!
More as they come out.
Posted by snackeru at May 2, 2006 3:07 PM
Have you heard the Beach Boys original SMILE album? There are some fan-compiled copies floating out there on the web... much superior to Wilson's remake, IMHO.
Posted by: spycake at May 2, 2006 3:47 PM
woah, what happened to that previous post? It got my hopes up for a second.
Posted by: Boof at May 2, 2006 4:15 PM
The illustrious DFL senators are in the process of
killing the ballpark by "loving it to death"!!
THIS IS SICK, SICK, SICK !!! It is now obvious that they have been using us all along to set up
the HOUSE and PAWLENTY !!
Posted by: jimj at May 2, 2006 4:31 PM
jimj, ease up on the DFL hate. I was actually hoping to find a post that didn't have complaints about who did what to whom regarding the stadium.
Shane, interesting story about the Police. It's my strongly held opinion that Sting has been on a long downward spiral since that breakup. "Dream of the Blue Turtles" had some good stuff, but after that...weak.
Posted by: chapman at May 2, 2006 4:50 PM
I love Sting. Mercury Falling is amazing.
"There were bells, in the air, but I never heard them ringing...no I never heard them at all..."
Posted by: bjhess at May 2, 2006 6:00 PM
Man I needed a break. Here were the first 20 songs out of my Ipod:
Round Midnight - Charlie Parker
Elephant Love Song - E.McGregor, N.Kidman
Monks Mood - T. Monk
Oxford Town - Bob Dylan
The One Rose - Johnny Cash
Cohesion - The Minutemen
Outathaway - The Vines
Merchandise - Fugazi
Femme Fatale - Velvet Underground
It Aint Me Babe - Dylan
Must Be Born Again - Re. J.M. Gates
Don't Want You - Mieka Pauley
Little Eyes - Yo La Tengo
Indecision Time - Husker Du
Pay It Back - Elvis Costello
Everythin in its - Radiohead
Chance Upon You - Stillwater
When Angels Sing - Social Distortion
The Woman with the Tatooed Hand - Atmosphere
Slow and Low - Beastie Boys
Posted by: freealonzo at May 2, 2006 9:13 PM
Oh man i love Beatles and Sting. Great songs and love to hear them anytime. I have uploaded my iPod with their songs only.
Posted by: william at May 3, 2006 6:07 AM
So your iPod is rocking now a days with the great music. I like all kinds of music but Sting is the best. Love his songs man. They r just amazing.
Posted by: dave at May 11, 2006 1:41 AM