< Saturday stadium bill updates | Main | Senate in recess >

May 20, 2006

Gophers stadium vote

The Senate is currently discussing the Gophers stadium bill. I'm sure a vote will come soon. I wonder if the Twins bill will be next. I'll let you know how the vote goes.

UPDATE I: If the length of "discussion" for a Gophers stadium takes this long, I think the discussion for the Twins stadium is going to last all night.

The Gophers bill has passed 43-24. The House will vote on it next.

No word on when they will tackle the Twins bill. Looks like after dinner break.

Posted by snackeru at May 20, 2006 4:22 PM | Stadiums 2006

Comments

I haven't heard to many supporters yet. The vote should be interesting.

Never mind, vote is UPCOMING!

Posted by: Cody at May 20, 2006 4:52 PM

What the hell is there to discuss with the Twins bill? It's an up or down vote. Plain and simple. No amendments. No nothing. They will stall and delay. I bet even if it gets to a vote it will push right up to 7 am Sunday. Clowns.

Posted by: bj at May 20, 2006 4:57 PM

That's great news. I'm sure the house will pass it with no problems. I can't wait to see outdoor Big10 football in Minnesota.

Posted by: Cody at May 20, 2006 5:07 PM

Very excited, as a season-ticket holder, to get back on campus outdoors in the fall. Let's hope the House is still in the 101-33 range that they were the first time around. I am nervous about the Twins deal...I know it looks good, but after 10 years of watching this and having my heart broken, I have learned not to count my chickens too soon. Heck, I may not celebrate until I have that opening day ticket in hand.

Posted by: Derek at May 20, 2006 5:34 PM

"I may not celebrate until I have that opening day ticket in hand."

Amen Derek. Boy, we have had our hearts broken, haven't we?

Posted by: Shane at May 20, 2006 5:37 PM