< Senate in recess | Main | House in recess >

House vote on the Gophers stadium

The House is now discussing the Gophers stadium bill. We'll see if it lasts as long as the Senate discussion. Getting this out of the way clears the way for the Twins stadium bill.

We'll see how the votes shake out.

UPDATE I: 30 minutes later and they are still yapping. And this bill should pass easily. The Twins discussion is going to last a long time.

UPDATE II: The Gophers bill has passed 96-37. It is official. Stadium Village will again have a stadium.

Funny thing: During the roll call Abrams light was red for most of the voting. It switched to green before the roll was closed. Very humorous.

Posted by snackeru at May 20, 2006 6:00 PM | Stadiums 2006

I hope this doesn't go to long, they have alot of work to do tonight.

Posted by: Cody at May 20, 2006 6:26 PM

Gopher football back to campus! House gives its approval to the stadium project.

Posted by: Transic at May 20, 2006 6:44 PM

It's going to TPaw's desk. Can't wait to see that opening game against Louisiana-Layfeete or Toledo or whoever we play.

Posted by: Cody at May 20, 2006 6:47 PM

Assuming both stadiums pass, when will Pawlenty sign the bills?

Posted by: Cody at May 20, 2006 6:53 PM

He has 72 hours to sign them. I'm guessing he'll wait until Monday. Just a guess.

Posted by: Beau at May 20, 2006 6:59 PM

I have heard that if the Twins bill passes T-Paw will sign the bill during a pre-game ceremony at the Twins game on Tuesday. Needless to say, I'm going to try to be there.

I haven't heard when or where he'll sign the Gophers stadium bill, but I assume it will be Monday or Tuesday.

Posted by: Shane at May 20, 2006 7:01 PM