< Governor Pawlenty to sign stadium bills | Main | More of the same >

New Ballpark Celebration! You are invited!

You are cordially invited to a New Ballpark Celebration at Summit Brewery in St. Paul this next Thursday, June 1 from 5:00 - 8:00 PM. The party will be put on by long time Greet Machine reader, and St. Paul booster, Jiminstpaul, and all "Greet Machiners" are invited! The Twins will probably send a representative, as will New Ballpark Inc.. And most importantly, there will be FREE BEER (and root beer, kids are welcome)!

If you can make it, leave a comment below! Jim and I have already heard from a lot of people who are going to be there. This is the party you've been waiting 10 years for! We look forward to seeing you!

NEW BALLPARK

CELEBRATION!

twins-summit.jpg

AFTER 10 LONG YEARS, THE TWINS FINALLY HAVE APPROVAL FOR A NEW BALLPARK

LIKE THE TWO GUYS IN THE TWINS LOGO, LET’S GET ALL ST. PAULITES AND MINNEAPOLITANS THAT HAVE WORKED HARD TO INSURE THE TWINS REMAIN IN MINNESOTA TOGETHER TO SHAKE HANDS AND TOAST OUR SUCCESS

WHEN- THURSDAY JUNE 1, 5:00-8:00 pm
WHERE- SUMMIT BREWING COMPANY RATHSKELLAR
910 MONTREAL CIRCLE, ST. PAUL
HOSTED BY- JIM LONETTI & SUMMIT BREWING COMPANY
FOR INFO- JIM LONETTI: 651 399-5155 SUMMIT BREWING CO: 651 265-7800

BEER, FOOD, MUSIC, SPEECHES?

Let us know if you can make it! Spread the word!

Posted by snackeru at May 23, 2006 5:00 PM | Stadiums 2006

The Twins are sending Peter Martin, the Executive Director of Public Affairs and hold on to your Twins hats----TC the Bear!
I don't want to discourage any kids from attending, we do have root beer on tap. Although, the site of a celebratory and inebriated Shane kissing TC on the mouth could scar a kid for life.
-Jiminstpaul

Posted by: Jiminstpaul at May 23, 2006 7:17 PM

I'll be there! Thanks for the invite!

Posted by: Jake at May 23, 2006 7:37 PM

I'm in. Thanks!!!

Posted by: Jared (JC) at May 23, 2006 8:20 PM

Count me in!

Posted by: Jim at May 23, 2006 9:04 PM

I may be a little late, but I'll be there! Thanks for putting this together!

Posted by: Kim at May 23, 2006 10:25 PM

I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for the invite!

Posted by: Tim R at May 24, 2006 2:37 AM

I'd love to be there. However, living in Kansas City makes the commute a little long. If somebody would be kind enough to drink one for me, I will enjoy it in spirit.

Congratulations from a Twins fan since day one at Metropolitan Stadium.

Or as we say down here, two state legislatures (and seven county governments) are twice as much fun as one.

Posted by: Dave at May 24, 2006 5:16 AM

I am scheduled to work, but if I can work some magic I will make the drive down from Alexandria. I may even stop and spend some money in Hennepin County! Thanks for the invite.

Posted by: zooom at May 24, 2006 7:11 AM

hmmm, daughters soccer game, ballpark celebration at Summit Brewery...ballpark celebration at Summit Brewery or daughters soccer game.....

Heck, daughter has many soccer games this summer. Count me in!!!

Posted by: freealonzo at May 24, 2006 7:20 AM

Way cool! I'll try to make it!
A little trivia...my dad played town ball with Eugene McCarthy in Central MN during the early years of the Depression...despite being a Democrat all his life my dad never much cared for Gene due to Gene's ability to get a college deferment from serving in WWII....

Posted by: mpls1934 at May 24, 2006 8:25 AM

I'll be in Oakland watching the A's and Twins. I'll be thinkin' of all y'all.

Posted by: DouglasG at May 24, 2006 9:43 AM

All Twins fans should visit www.homersota.com to get a laugh or two

Posted by: Robert at May 24, 2006 10:02 AM

I'm definitely in!

Posted by: Grant at May 24, 2006 10:48 AM

I'm in.

Posted by: Adam at May 24, 2006 11:04 AM

http://p216.ezboard.com/fdtfcdtfcminnesotatwinsforum.showMessage?topicID=4791.topic

This "Stadium Design" thread over at the DTFC is really interesting.

"rixware" has superimposed sattleite images of current ballparks onto the satellite image of the current land footprint to see what constraints a new park will have in this location.

Very cool, and some other good discussion on the thtread.

Sorry I can't make the party, I live in Chicago, but they actually sell Summit down here and I will tip one or two back on June 1 so I can be there in spirit.

Posted by: J. Lichty at May 24, 2006 11:18 AM

I've been more of a Greet Machine reader than writer, but this is too cool to pass up!

Count me in!

Posted by: Mark Snyder at May 24, 2006 11:56 AM

Lichty .......... where are those photos on the other website....I couldn't find them.

Posted by: MOJO at May 24, 2006 1:09 PM

Unfortunately I'll be leaving MN on Monday to return to the funace that is Phoenix. Is this the night where monkeys fly out of Shane's booty??? I may just have to extend my visit to see this...

Posted by: kevin in az at May 24, 2006 1:42 PM

Glad all of you can make it! And Kevin, I am upset you won't be there, but you'll be happy to know the monkeys will only be let out when that first shovel full of dirt is dug.

Mark, I'm thrilled that you have decided to come out of the shadows. See you there.

And thanks, Lichty, for the note about the Ballpark Design thread on the DTFC Twins Forum. I have been following it for a while already. "Rixware" is a genius for superimposing PNC on top of the Rapid Park site. It gives us a good idea of what to expect.

And to the rest of you (freealonzo, mpls1934, Adam, Grant, zooom, Tim, Kim, Jared, Jake, Jim, and the rest of you that are coming but haven't said anything) let's party like it is 2010!

(I just heard SBG is going to try to come too! Spread the word!)

Posted by: Shane at May 24, 2006 2:27 PM

Just confirmed with the St. Paul Chamber folks that Slugger will be brought out of mothballs. I think they paid over 4 figures for this outfit (I recall Shane posting a photo on his site way back when), and they maybe had it out in public a half dozen times. If we can get someone to put it on we could have a mascot battle between TC and Slugger.
-Jiminstpaul

Posted by: Jiminstpaul at May 24, 2006 3:36 PM

I should be able to attend next Thursday as well.

I'm also more than willing to put on the Slugger costume if necessary, and live in the bowels of the new stadium, terrorizing ballpark patrons with the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber... or just have a mock fight with TC Bear. Whichever.

Posted by: spycake at May 24, 2006 3:59 PM

Awesome spycake! I look forward to meeting you. Anyone else? I'm trying to get some politicians to come to. We'll see.

And spycake, thanks for volunteering to wear the Slugger costume. I sure didn't want to do it...

Posted by: Shane at May 24, 2006 4:21 PM

Dang, I saw Representative Brod today at the Gopher's Stadium signing celebration. I should have extended an invitation.

Posted by: freealonzo at May 24, 2006 4:29 PM

Baaaah, despite it being hosted by my favorite beer and everyone celebrating my favorite future ballpark, I can't go. :[

It's probably for the best since I would be inclined to corner TC the Bear and try to make him answer why he's the Twins mascot.

Posted by: Boof at May 24, 2006 8:05 PM

I'll be there

Posted by: lehts33 at May 25, 2006 11:02 AM

I shall be in attendance as well.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at May 25, 2006 11:34 PM

No Brewers attire allowed, Cheesehead Craig! So don't even think about pulling out your Gorman Thomas replica jersey!

In all seriousness, though I would love to attend, sadly it will not happen. I just can't get away from work then. Besides, I would spend so much time arguing for the Vikings stadium that I would ruin the party. Have a great time without me!

Skol Twins!

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at May 26, 2006 9:45 AM

I'm debating if I should wear a Twins shirt or a Brewers shirt. Gotta support my team, but for a night, I think I can support the Twins.

And yes Curt, any discussion about the Vikings in any situation ruins it.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at May 26, 2006 3:35 PM

I think the sight of you, Cheesehead Craig, in Minnesota sports clothing might be the cause of the end of world. It would be very unfortunate if this were to happen before the first game at Frankenberry Field. Besides, wearing Brewers gear will make it obvious to everyone else at the party who you are.

The larger question, CC, is do you have a Gorman Thomas replica jersey or not? I suppose that someone like Cecil Cooper or Pete Vuckovich would suffice for the party as well. Not Jim Gantner, though; I couldn't stand that guy.

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at May 26, 2006 4:09 PM

No retro uniforms, sorry Curt. If I was to get one, it would definately be Cecil Cooper though.

If this was just a Greet Machine party, I wouldn't hesitate to wear the Brewers shirt. But for this, it would need to be Twins.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at May 26, 2006 9:58 PM

Thanks for the link to www.homersota.com...finally people are calling out all the favoritism the media displays because they want to be "part of the pack" and get invited to all the team holiday parties.

Posted by: Red BIrd AZ at May 29, 2006 8:07 AM

I'll be there standing in line to smooch TC as well. Thanks for the Stadium, one and all!!!

Posted by: Tommy H at May 30, 2006 2:00 PM

actually I might be able to show up... hopefully

Posted by: Boof at May 30, 2006 4:26 PM