< Trying a Podcast | Main | Maybe ... >

An Evening Walk at Minnehaha Falls

It's interesting to me how music can so strongly remind us of specific places. Or how strongly we associate music with a particular place.

This is a new video of my son and me taking a walk at Minnehaha Falls. The music in the background dictated the location, and the way the video was shot. At least to me. You might think of something else when you hear this song.

And just as an aside, it was pretty difficult to get the images to correspond to the beat, but I think I did an OK job. There is a part in the song where the tempo slightly changes which caused me no end of problems. I hope you enjoy it anyway!

Download WMV version for clearer and cleaner images.

Posted by snackeru at June 14, 2006 8:35 AM | Family | Life

Very nice! Dad says you're getting pretty artsy in your old age! ha
love mom

Posted by: mom at June 14, 2006 7:51 PM

Very nice. I liked it a lot! Wondering...are the stills from a still camera or just stills from the video you took?

Great idea!

Posted by: bjhess at June 19, 2006 12:00 AM

Stills from a digital camera. People thought I was nuts taking all those pictures!

Glad you liked it!

Posted by: Shane at June 19, 2006 2:56 PM

Those are some nice videos you've produced Shane. I hope you've enjoyed your relative time off from the blogging.

I just wanted to direct your attention to the article on the Hennepin County board meeting tonight. I think your site can still serve an important purpose. This game is not over yet, and I'd hate to see it lost on a fluke while we weren't paying attention...remember the Stanford Band play...

Posted by: David Howe at June 21, 2006 12:26 AM

I hate to hijack this thread but David Howe is correct. There was some meaty goings on at the County yesterday and I have a feeling that Commissioners Steele and Koblick aren't done yet (who whould have thought that Commissioner Steele could turn on the tears, I thought her demeanor matched her last name). Plus some real interesting City and County picks for the Ballpark Commission.

How about it Shane, why not come out of retirement until the County finalizes the implementatation of the sale tax?

btw, the video is tre cool.

Posted by: freealonzo at June 21, 2006 8:11 AM

Shane having troubles keeping with the beat? Now that's a headline shocker! Nice job.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at June 21, 2006 8:23 AM

Shane......I'm getting a little bit of a scare from the story in the startribune today. I posted the link in my name for those who have not read. Do you have any positive reassurance for us?

BTW the video is pretty cool!

Posted by: MOJO at June 21, 2006 8:49 AM