July 19, 2006
Links of the day
- 25 great Calvin and Hobbes comic strips. A great list. I think its got most of the best.
- Science facts that people get wrong. Everest isn't the tallest mountain in the world? Tell me more!
- Interesting note about Cash's American Recordings V. It was number 1, but with the fewest overall sales for a number 1 ever. Interesting.
- Cool. Two-second tent sets up in two seconds, and can be packed up in 15 seconds. Handy.
- Apple to announce movie rentals through iTunes. I wonder how much this will cost?
- Interesting review of Firefox 2. Not a whole lot of major changes, but then again I kind of like the browser as it is.
- Interesting article on the success of welfare reforms signed into law by Bill Clinton in 1996. There is still some work to do, especially in the area of health care, but for some this has definitely worked out.
- Cool list of solar powered gadgets. Like a solar powered tent. Really ...
- Cool, cool, cool. This 14 year old kid became blind at the age of 3, but now he gets around based on the sounds and echoes he hears. A truly phenomenal skill.
- "Cool" list of ways to keep cool when trying to sleep on a hot night. Particularly useful for people without air conditioning.
- This was actually also a Strib article, but this NY Times article describes how training animals can also help you train your spouse. Good stuff.
- 10 Odd iPod accessories. Like the bullet proof case. Now that is just a must have!
- Great list of "75 things we love and hate about Star Wars." Such as: "What if … Gandalf the Grey fought Obi-Wan Kenobi? Discuss." Gandalf all the way...
That's it for now. Have a good one.
Posted by snackeru at July 19, 2006 7:50 AM | Links of the day
Loved the link about a 14 yr old blind kid. I think he's gonna be my idol from now onwards. Even getting blind at such a smaller age, he did'nt lost faith in himself or cursed god for his disability rather made optimum use of those senses which ve been gifted to him by the almighty god perfectly. Hats off to this small kid!
Posted by: Annet at July 20, 2006 4:32 AM
Thanx for the links. Loved it! Great work! :-)
Posted by: Daniel B. Sherman at July 21, 2006 11:34 PM
Thanx for the information on i-pod accessories! They are simply amazing! I think i need to buy an i-pod atleast now.
Posted by: Connor at July 26, 2006 1:12 AM
I saw the article about training pets in the Strib and passed it on to Lucy. Her reaction: so you want me to treat you like a dolphin?
The woman can really cut to the chase sometimes.
Posted by: SBG at July 27, 2006 12:36 PM