< Turtle in the Sky | Main | I'm convinced! >

The good old days

Ah ... today was a day just like the good old days. A little debate, a little controversy, a little helping of people blubbering and blabbing about one issue or another. Good times. Good times.

So, I watched. While watching I alternated feelings of euphoria with feelings like I was being bludgeoned with a hammer. Honestly, I was thankful I didn't go. It was like watching a cow dying: a lot of moaning, groaning, and hot air.

If you are looking for anything particularly insightful, I am sorry to disappoint. I am tired of the same old arguments and the same old speeches. It has all been said before. We are in the bottom of the ninth inning and the opposition has two more outs to go. And then we can finally move on.

So, say what you want. Say your little speeches. Get all angry or be all happy. Make your threats or express your gratitude. But remember this: you only have an opinion. You do not have the truth. None of us do.

I'm sorry if you disagree with me. And I'm really sorry if you disagree with me so much that you attempt to silence me. Because really all I have is an opinion, too. Nothing more, nothing less. In fact, I find it quite ironic that in all your blubbering about "democracy" and "listening to the people" you would attempt to silence someone who has an opinion that is different than your own. Regardless of where it is expressed. It is hypocritical and shameful.

And I'm sick of it.

sunset1.jpg
sunset2.jpg

Sunset at Many Point Lake. Last week I went camping with my son and his Boy Scout troop. Wow, we had a blast. Words cannot express how beautiful it was on this lake. Especially at night. Beginning with sunset, every night we were treated to the most beautiful colors mirrored on a clear, unadulterated lake. Breathtaking. This was followed by a night sky so bright and full of stars it almost brought out tears of happiness.

Everyone should try to experience this before the summer is over. Pick a night and drive out into the country. Look up in awe and thank God for such a beautiful sight. Take a deep breath, and put it into perspective.

That's all.

Posted by snackeru at August 22, 2006 8:57 PM

Ya, the political landscape has me frustrated...we are taught to live in fear, nothing else.

If we live in fear, the terrorists really have won, haven't they?

Posted by: John B. at August 23, 2006 6:54 AM

Don't let it get you down Shane. I honestly find their sour grapes entertaining. I honestly wish I had as much time on my hands as these people. I have so many more important things in my life to worry about than something that's already a done deal. If we had lost the battle, we would get over it...They lost and now they need to get over it.

Posted by: kevin in az at August 23, 2006 9:29 AM

I was going to attend, but the weather was so nice and softball was calling my name. I did get to watch about 1/2 hour. I have plans on Thursday, maybe I'll head out to Bloomington tonight.

I agree with AZ Kevin, it was amusing to watch. I do think the opponents had to be disappointed with the turnout. Let's face it, opposition is now limited to a few people who say no to everything. I will gloat in November when none of the ballpark supporter pols lose their election. That I think will be the nail in the coffin of the whiners.

Posted by: freealonzo at August 23, 2006 9:45 AM