< Links of the day | Main | Present for Chicago >

Gold Medal Flour

guthgold.jpg

The Gold Medal Flour sign as seen through a small window in the new Guthrie Theater.

This weekend my two boys and I walked all over the St. Anthony Falls area. I'll be posting some more pictures of this area during the next week.

By the way, if you ever get a chance just to walk through the new Guthrie, it is well worth it. While I wish the Twins stadium would have been built there, at least it wasn't another office building or apartment complex.

Posted by snackeru at September 10, 2006 8:09 PM

Shane, that's a nice selection of books. Perhaps a synopsis or review of what you read so that we might be intrigued in checking them out.

Posted by: freealonzo at September 12, 2006 12:20 PM

Never mind the Gutherie.....I bummed beyond words at Steve Kelley's loss. Now he's lost to us as a MN atty gen and no longer the state senator for our Hopkins/SLP district. What happened? Stadium backlash?

Posted by: mpls1934 at September 13, 2006 12:48 PM

Mpls1934

Given the fact that Kelley won Hennepin County it's pretty doubtful his stadium stand did him in. Looks like Hatch wanted and worked for his opponent. Check out citypages.com for more details. When Hatch loses in November we can all blame the DFL party hacks for nominating a loser like Hatch over a good guy like Kelley.

Posted by: freealonzo at September 14, 2006 7:25 AM