< Gulag Orkestar | Main | Stating the obvious >

Tickets anyone?

Update: I have secured tickets for the game tomorrow! So, no need to worry anymore (Mom!). I bought them off of EBay from a guy in Illinois. He is sending them via FedEx, and they are guaranteed to be here by 10:30, but it is still a little stressful.

So, I will be there! Let the good times roll!

Anyone got any tickets for tomorrows Twins playoff game? I'm serious. Anyone that can't use their tickets please drop me a line at:

snackeru@umn.edu

I am desperate to get to this game!

Plus, if I hear one more baseball "pundit" say Derek Jeter deserves the AL MVP because he gets clutch hits, I'm going to hurl. Are you telling me that none of Morneau's 130 RBIs were "clutch" hits? This lovefest for Derek Jeter has now reached Brett Favre proportions, and as we all know that is truly pathetic.

Again, please let me know if you can't use your tickets. Please!

Posted by snackeru at October 2, 2006 9:02 AM

Looks like the "retirement" didn't last for long! Good! I need the Greet Machine to make life liveable up here in the middle of nowhere. I agree that Jeter's case for MVP is flimsy at best. Morneau has meant more to his team than Jeter has to the Yankees. With the East Coast bias, however, Jeter's got the award in the bag. Good luck with getting tickets. I'll be taking some time off tomorrow and watching from the comfort of my basement. I really like our chances with Johan pitching, but Zito worries me a bit. Skol Twins!

Curt in Grand Forks

Posted by: Curt Hanson at October 2, 2006 9:37 AM

To answer your initial question: yes.

Unfortunately (for you) I'm going to use the tickets, no matter how difficult it is to schedule around work.

Since it is pretty clear Mauer is more valuable than Jeter, and since Morneau is more valuable to the Twins than Mauer, I can't quite see how the Jeter case can be made. But of course, I don't suckle at the teat of coastal bias.

Posted by: bjhess at October 2, 2006 10:55 AM

Morneau leads the AL in 2-out RBI...seems pretty clutch to me.

Posted by: Kris at October 2, 2006 11:45 AM

Good deal, Shane--have a great time!

Posted by: mom at October 2, 2006 9:03 PM

Greet Machine back up, Twins in playoffs, Gopher Hockey starting up... All is right in the world. What could possibly change it? More details soon?

Posted by: freealonzo at October 3, 2006 9:13 AM