< Tickets anyone? | Main | The Scream >

Stating the obvious

Well, that was depressing. I had pretty decent seats, though. Section 226 in the 31st row, so I could reach up and touch the teflon (not really, but you get what I mean). So, being that high, it is hard for me to pontificate on all the nuances of the game that one would see watching it on TV. However, I do have a couple of statements that some may deem as obvious:

So I'm depressed now. What a downer. And now we are putting Boof Bonser on the mound? Can you hear Thomas licking his chops or is it just me?

Posted by snackeru at October 3, 2006 3:59 PM

I kind of agree with the bunt thing, but with Punto coming up next I just wasn't real confident in a sac fly.

Oh, and that was the biggest managing mistake in my mind - I thought Neshek was the only choice other than Nathan to pitch to a red hot FThom. I pretty much called that homer.

But I really didn't have much to complain about with the game. Hard fought. Several hard hits that were right at people. A's just executed better. Oh, and hit a couple HR's.

Section 216, Row 27 for me.

Posted by: bjhess at October 3, 2006 9:39 PM

Shane, the City Pages has an article about the issues surrounding the acquisition of land for the new Twins ballpark. You will recognize a lot of the names involved. Now having been involved in similar negotiations, I think CP is being a little shrill, but the main point is that there is still lots of work to do. Maybe its time to check the Greet Machine solenoid, scrape the carbon off the spark plugs, and roll it into SA for a full tank of gas. There's a whole lot of people waiting to ride the Greet Machine to ballpark glory.

btw, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!

Posted by: freealonzo at October 4, 2006 8:07 AM