< Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: IX | Main | Review: Garfield -- The Movie >

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: X

Legend of Zelda

zeldanes.jpg

Talk about a game that shaped my childhood ... or at least my teenage years. Beating this game was truly a special moment for me. It took me too long, and it was frustrating to no end, but I finally did it and it felt good. I think this game usually ranks at or near the top for everyone of the NES generation, so I think it is appropriate that it ends my video game discussion.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

zeldaocarina.jpg

No, this is not a game from my childhood. I add this amazing game because it is the last video game I played on a regular basis. I got a Ninentendo 64 for my two boys, and I played this game with them until I got to Gannondorf. Then my younger son, who couldn't read at the time, started fiddling with buttons and erased my entire game. In fact, he just reset the whole game back to nothing. Argh! That was a frustrating moment. Unfortunately, it ended my video game playing forever, it would seem. I couldn't bear the thought of going through the Water Temple again.

Anyway, that is where I will leave you. Have a good one everybody, and let me know if there are any games I missed out on!

Posted by snackeru at October 18, 2006 4:27 PM

Zelda 3: A Link to the Past (for the Super Nintendo) is my clear favorite from the series. Although the first one is close, given its classic appeal, Zelda 3 is the one I'd go back and play again.

Posted by: spycake at October 29, 2006 5:09 PM