November 25, 2006
Stuff I'm thankful for:
- The Twins. What a great year. Almost as much fun as 1991. I don't know how Terry Ryan is going to pay for all this talent, but I am optimistic for the future. Who says we need a new stadium to compete? Whoever was in favor of that boondoggle should be tarred and feathered.
- Gopher hockey. At least Minnesota dominates in one sport.
- Having said that, the football season ended pretty nicely too. Floyd of Rosedale is nice to have.
- My library card(s). See that list of books on the right hand side of this blog? All of those books came from a library. So much to read, and not enough time. Buying books ... bah! What a waste of money.
- My fuzzy little kitty cat. I'm serious. My wife spent $500 for our cat Trinity. She is a pure bred Ragdoll. I thought my wife was bat-guano crazy when she bought her, but I'll be bamboozled if I don't love that stupid little cat.
- The little stuff in life:
- My Starbury shoes. $15 for a pair of high tops! I love it.
- EZ Cheese and crackers. I seriously could live on this combination.
- Working at Walter Library at the U of M. I work in the most beautiful building on campus.
- My new basketball hoop in my driveway. If there is one thing I really take seriously, it is installing a basketball hoop. My basketball hoop is installed to perfection.
- Camping at Many Point. I had a great time with my son and the other Boy Scouts at the Many Point Scout camp this summer. Seeing the stars in rural Minnesota is truly beautiful.
- I am thankful for the State Fair. What a blast that is every year!
- I am thankful I got my first award this year! I am the Firecracker of the Year as selected by Neerland and Oyaas. I can't express enough how cool this was.
- I am thankful for the awesome party put on by Jim in St. Paul at the Summit Brewery. Wasn't that a blast? It puts a smile on my face just thinking about how much we had to celebrate.
- And of course, I am thankful that a Twins stadium bill finally passed. I am thankful that we will be watching outdoor baseball in 2010! I am thankful for all the friends I made through the process. I still can't believe it! What a blast!
- Finally, I am thankful for my beautiful wife and family, especially for putting up with all my stadium ramblings over the years. Because, truly, I am certifiably insane about all of this.
Posted by snackeru at November 25, 2006 8:35 PM