< September 2006 | Main | November 2006 >

Links of the day

TTFN.

Posted by snackeru at 12:36 PM | Comments (3)

Just got back from Nashville

Sorry for my extended silence everyone, but I've been away (and preparing for) at a conference in Nashville. I just got back late last night. If you have never been to Nashville, let me tell you it is a beautiful city. In fact, I loved it. It has a great vibe. More about that later, but for now, please enjoy this picture I took at the Country Music Hall of Fame of a poster for a Johnny Cash show here in Minneapolis. In fact, you can even buy it.

cash.jpg

Lastly, since I just spent some time in the South, I will leave you with an expert from the hilarious A Confederacy of Dunces, the Pulitzer prize winning, classic novel of the South. In this excerpt, Ignatius J. Reilly is explaining to a denizen of New Orleans how he can better his life through reading:

"Then you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age," Ignatius said solemnly. "Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians, too. For the contemporary period, you should study some collected comic books ... I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman."

That book is hilarious.

Posted by snackeru at 8:00 AM | Comments (4)

Somebody stop me

• For those of you that have stayed with this blog since the Twins stadium was approved have probably noticed something: the lack of stadium related articles. True, just because the stadium was approved doesn't mean that their aren't important matters to consider. In fact, the people at New Ballpark, Inc. have begun to hold a series of public meetings to solicit suggestions and give the public updates about the progress of the stadium's construction. For updates on this process please visit http://www.twinsballpark.org/.

• And what about the impending "aftermath of doom" predicted by so many stadium opponents who want to "vote the bums out?" Being a resourceful person I decided to ask an expert at the Humphrey Institute here at the U about the possibility that "the people" will punish pro-stadium legisltators during the upcoming elections. In fact, I asked the author of a blog called Smart Politics which is hosted by the very system that hosts the Greet Machine. This is the response I received to my question:

In recent polling, the issue of new stadiums has not registered among the Top 7 most important issues facing the state of Minnesota -- so I don't think this will be a defining issue in the November elections. Given it is not a top concern, I would be suprised if the truly disgruntled shifted the election results here by more than a single percentage point on this issue.

Interesting, no? Hardly unexpected though. In other words, it will be a surprise if the mighty anti-stadium constituency has much of an impact at all come November. We'll see.

• Finally, to the main point of this rambling drivel. I read this little tidbit in the Pioneer Press today written by the always juicy Charley Walters:

Before long, the Vikings are expected to return to square one in their quest for a new stadium. There still is behind-the-scenes hustling to keep the Vikings in Minneapolis while Anoka County tries to keep its proposal alive in Blaine. But don't be surprised if a renovated Metrodome, despite the team's strong opposition to the idea, resurfaces for consideration.

Heh heh ... didn't I just write about this? Not a surprise at all. Whatever your feelings about a renovation of the Dome, the feasibility of the plan will definitely be looked into within the next year. I, for one, think the idea is great, but we'll see how much it costs now. Way back in 2000, the price tag was about $250 million, and Red complained the estimate was at least $100 million short. But if Soldier Field can be renovated, why not the Metrodome? And yes, I just compared the historic Soldier Field to the Metrodome. I apologize to anyone who was offended by that. Please accept this picture as payment for my transgression:

metrorenovate2.jpg

This is the only good picture of the proposed renovation I could find. So, here is my assignment for all of you (all 10 of you that still read this): does anyone have any other pictures of the proposed renovation of the Metrodome for the Vikings? I remember a bunch of them, but of course I didn't save any of them. Please let me know if you have any, or if you know where I can get some of them.

That's it for now.

Posted by snackeru at 8:43 PM | Comments (8)

Review: Garfield -- The Movie

garfield.jpg In the history of Western Civilization there is little question regarding some of the greatest achievements in human creativity: Michaelangelo's David, Da Vinci's Last Supper, Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath. In that same vein, the past has also blessed us with some of the greatest films of all time such as Citizen Kane, Ben Hur, and Casablanca. However, for many of us, these movies were relased before our time. What then will be the cinematic marvel for our age? What will be the example of cinematic perfection to meet ... nay even surpass the great movies of the past to reach the pinnacle of achievement for the medium? My friends, there can be little argument that the wait is over.

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of viewing Garfield: The Movie and I am still stunned by what my eyes beheld. Garfield tells the story of that lovable fat cat and his struggle for the respect and love that all of us crave. When Jon (masterfully played by Breckin Meyer) brings home a new dog (Odie), Garfield is forced to reevaluate his relationship with Jon and perhaps even his place within the universe. One would have to have a heart made of stone to not be able to relate with the feelings of regret and rejection pouring from the screen. When Jon's love interest (Jennifer Love Hewitt) graces the screen and decides to help Jon find his lost pets, the viewer can't help but think about two things: how big is her heart to sacrifice her own evening to help a friend, and also the inadequacy of our own lives that we don't have such a selfless compatriot. The lack of even a nomination for Best Supporting Actress for Ms. Hewitt is one of the biggest disappointments of the 2005 Oscar season, and is a decision that still continues to cause America to question the very selection process of the Academy. For shame.

When director Peter Hewitt came out with his then crowning achievement, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, it can be argued that all of us thought that we have seen his best. How glad I am that we were so wrong! Who else could have directed Jon to so forcefully deliver what will surely become one of the most recognizable lines in all of cinema, "Garfield, did you eat all four boxes of lasagna?" causing the viewer to laugh and question our own gluttonous eating habits all at once? This directorial magnum opus was so phenomenal, it was like he opened a direct pipeline to my heart and poured a little magic inside.

When the movie ended everyone watching sat in stunned silence as the credits rolled across the screen. It may have been the dust in the room, but I don't mind admitting that tears fell down this reviewer's face. For those of you that have seen Garfield I would be surprised if you didn't have a similar reaction.

Posted by snackeru at 8:57 PM | Comments (4)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: X

Legend of Zelda

zeldanes.jpg

Talk about a game that shaped my childhood ... or at least my teenage years. Beating this game was truly a special moment for me. It took me too long, and it was frustrating to no end, but I finally did it and it felt good. I think this game usually ranks at or near the top for everyone of the NES generation, so I think it is appropriate that it ends my video game discussion.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

zeldaocarina.jpg

No, this is not a game from my childhood. I add this amazing game because it is the last video game I played on a regular basis. I got a Ninentendo 64 for my two boys, and I played this game with them until I got to Gannondorf. Then my younger son, who couldn't read at the time, started fiddling with buttons and erased my entire game. In fact, he just reset the whole game back to nothing. Argh! That was a frustrating moment. Unfortunately, it ended my video game playing forever, it would seem. I couldn't bear the thought of going through the Water Temple again.

Anyway, that is where I will leave you. Have a good one everybody, and let me know if there are any games I missed out on!

Posted by snackeru at 4:27 PM | Comments (1)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: IX

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

castlevaniaii.jpg

I liked this game much more than the original Castlevania. That game drove me nuts, making me start over from the beginning every time. It still ticks me off. This game had a much better story in that it was closer to the Dracula myth, and it rewarded players with codes that didn't force them to start over from the beginning every time! Man that still ticks me off. The only knock on this game is that Dracula was too easy to defeat. I remember just crushing him. I don't think he got near me. In other words, I seriously pwned Dracula.

Other than that, I found this game very satisfying.

Posted by snackeru at 3:55 PM

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: VIII

Contra

contra.jpg

Up Up, Down Down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start.

I doubt anything else needs to be said.

Posted by snackeru at 3:15 PM | Comments (2)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: VII

Metroid

metroid.jpg

Note the outfit Samus is wearing in the picture. Where were you when you found out Samus is a girl? To my generation, it is a question as meaningful as, "Where were you when the Challenger exploded?" I found out playing the game. The first time I defeated the game, Samus's takes off her helmet and I wondered, "Could Samus be a girl?" The next time I defeated the game I sat there with the controller trembling in my hands, "Samus is wearing a swimming suit? Oh the humanity!" And then I thought, "Well, that is pretty cool."

I can still remember the annoying music, the maddening mazes, the neccesity of having the Nintendo Power magazine with the map of the complex on the planet Zebes close by. Ah ... the simplicity of youth.

Posted by snackeru at 2:15 PM | Comments (4)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: VI

Mike Tyson's Punchout

hippotyson.jpg

You knew this was coming: Mike Tyson's Punchout. I really didn't get into video games until the NES came out, and this was probably my favorite NES game of all time. If I still had a working NES, this is probably the game I would put in first. Pictured is the great King Hippo, probably the greatest demonstration/lesson of what this game was all about: dodge until you get your chance to inflict the most damage. You can't go in there all willy-nilly just flailing around like a drunk Cheesehead! No, you've got to figure out the fighter's weakness. I probably enjoyed fighting Soda Popinski the best.

My crowning achievement was beating Tyson in the first round. Do you remember?

Posted by snackeru at 1:01 PM | Comments (1)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: V

Tecmo Bowl

Of course, we all know how unstoppable Bo Jackson was, as this video clearly, and comically, demonstrates. However, my favorite team to play was, obviously, the Vikings and my favorite play was the long bomb from Tommy Kramer to Anthony Carter. First, I would call the play and hike the ball. If my hapless competitor didn't call the right defense, I would notice AC start running down the sideline without a defender. Upon seeing this, I would take off towards the opposite end zone. This would make my competitor's feeble attempts at guarding AC with his controllable player virtually impossible. Once I reached the opposite end zone I would let it fly and AC would be waiting all alone. Touchdown Vikings! Simple pleasures, my friends, that is what it is all about. Simple pleasures.

Posted by snackeru at 12:15 PM | Comments (2)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: IV

Crystal Castles

crystal.jpg

Talk about wasting money. This game was located in the Student Union of the UWRF, and my friend Tom Dennison and I spent hours ... days ... weeks ... playing this game. Tom's father was a pastor and we actually stole quarters from him in order to play this game. Please Lord, forgive me. It was just too much fun.

Also, one of the first games that introduced me to the concept of the easter egg. Anyone else remember this game?

Posted by snackeru at 11:13 AM | Comments (3)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: III

Paperboy

paperboy.jpg

Back in my day we didn't have fancy plasma screen TVs! We draped a sheet over the wall and shot BB guns at shadows ... and we liked it! Actually, if we wanted to play really cool video games, we had to go to the arcade. Paperboy was extra cool because of the nifty handlebars on the game instead of the typical joystick. I was totally addicted to this game. Oodles of money was spent on this one.

Posted by snackeru at 9:10 AM

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: II

Pitfall

pitfall.jpg

Yes, Pitfall on the Intellivision. I didn't own an Intellivision, but my friend did and Pitfall was the bomb.

Posted by snackeru at 8:12 AM | Comments (2)

Favorite Video Games of My Childhood: I

River Raid

riverraid.jpg

Do you remember how awesome this was? I loved this game.

Posted by snackeru at 7:59 PM | Comments (1)

Entertain me

• In the twilight of my 33rd year of life, I have come to some conclusions. mossagain.jpgFirst of all, if I am to be expected to watch the professional sports teams of the great state of Minnesota, I expect to be entertained. I came to this conclusion reading this quote from Pro Football Talk last week.

"And as to the growing throng of Vikings fans hoping for a return of Randy to the Metrodome, don't count on it. The new regime in Minnesota wants nothing to do with Moss. Coach Brad Childress got a belly full of a prima donna wideout in 2005 with T.O., and even though Moss has never been quite as disruptive as Owens, Randy causes just enough problems in a sly, subtle way to make him too much of a potential liability for a team that is trying to set a new tone."

For some reason this ticked me off. Is this what we should come to expect out of the Vikings? For one, the Vikings are the kings of NFL playoff futility. I have long ago come to grips with this. But now we've got a coach that is too much of a pansy to handle the potential shenanigans of Randy Moss? Son of a gun! So, not only will the Vikings never win the Super Bowl, they will also be as boring as watching paint dry! Whoopee!

That is when I decided that I want to be entertained. Do you remember the Randy Moss years? Plenty of touchdowns, butts in the seats, off field water cooler fodder ... good times people. Good times. I want it back!

I think Zygi and Childress need to get something straight ... they seem to think they are running the Vikings for their own personal enjoyment. In fact, it would seem that to them the fans are some kind of nuisance. The fans matter, Zygi, and I gotta admit I'm not feeling any love. I'm not saying the only thing they can do to appease me is trade back for Randy Moss, but this new mentality of being a bunch of pansies about potentially problematic players is not refreshing at all. If you can't handle prima donna players, Childress, what the heck are you doing coaching in the NFL?

• Furthermore, while the Twins thouroughly entertained me this year, there is something they could go for this off season that would thrill me to no end:

arodtc.jpg

I don't care if you think it will never happen, and I don't care if you don't want it to happen. This would be fricken awesome! Make it happen, Terry Ryan, and I will attend at least three more games next year and I will watch the Twins every Saturday night rather than take my wife out for an evening out on the town. Oh wait, I already do that! Oh well, make it four more games then.

• Lastly, and along these same lines, it would appear that the Timberwolves are also dead set against actually putting an entertaining team on the floor. What is my proof? Check out this sad article from the Star Tribune last week:

"My whole thing is, you should get what you earn," McHale said. "I don't want to put pressure on him. The worst thing you can do is say, 'Well, we're pinning our hopes on this young kid.' I think that just crushes them.

"But I also don't think you should hold them back and say, 'The guy's playing great. If we're not careful, he'll play too good.' He'll dictate how much he plays."

Of course, McHale was talking about Randy Foye. The article above, entitled "Wolves: Like McCants, Foye will have to wait his turn." Holy guacomole! Screw that! Put Randy Foye on the floor! The Wolves should be talking about how they can help him win the ROY award, not about how much bench time he is going to have.

Sheesh! We've got this player that Glen Taylor is saying the Wolves might have picked with the #1 overall, but he is going to have to fight for some playing time? Wow, that sure makes me want to go to the Target Center this year. Good call there.

Anyway, that is where I'm at right now. I just want to be entertained. I don't see the Vikings, T-Wolves, or Gophers doing anything special anytime soon so please at least try to make things interesting for me. And the Twins? A-Rod would be awesome and can't hurt any.

And that is why I'm not in the sports business. See you soon.

Posted by snackeru at 10:22 PM | Comments (3)

Letting others do the writing

• "God made trees for three reasons: to give us books, to give us baseball bats and to give us shade in which to read books about baseball." Steve Rushin of Sports Illustrated

• Ricky Bobby: From now on, it's Magic Man and El Diablo.
Cal Naughton, Jr.: What does El Diablo mean?
Ricky Bobby: It's like Spanish for like a fighting chicken.

• Concerning the typical medieval housing situation:

The hearth excepted, the home of a prosperous peasant lacked these amenities. Lying at the end of a narrow, muddy lane, his rambling edifice of thatch, wattles, mud, and dirty brown wood was almost obscured by a towering dung heap in what, without it, would have been the front yard. The building was large, for it was more than a dwelling. Benaeath its sagging roof were a pigpen, a henhouse, cattle sheds, corncribs, straw and hay, and last and least, the family's apartment, actually a single room whose walls and timbers were coated with soot ... The centerpiece of the room was a giagantic bedstead, piled high with straw pallets, all seething with vermin. Everyone slept there, regardless of age or gender -- grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren, and hens and pigs -- and if a couple chose to enjoy intimacy, the others were aware of every movement ... If a stranger was staying the night, hospitality required that he be invited to make "one more" on the familial mattress ... If this familial situation seems primitive, it should be borne in mind that these were prosperous peasants.

-- William Manchester, A World Lit Only by Fire

Posted by snackeru at 10:32 PM | Comments (1)

Bad Actors' Citizen Kane performances

So, Cheesehead Craig and I were discussing the merits of Arnold Schwarzenegger a few weeks ago, when I remarked that one of his movies under discussion was his Citizen Kane. In other words, it was his crowning achievement as an actor. This probably isn't saying much, since Arnold has never been an Oscar caliber actor, but there are a ton of bad actors that have actually put in a decent performance at least once. Maybe more than once. So, without further ado, I present to you a list of bad actors' "Citizen Kane" performances. You may choose to argue, but really, this is the definitive list so don't bother.

So, there you have it. A bunch of bad actors and their very own "Citizen Kane" performances. You can try to argue with me, but it would be pointless. Have a good one!

Posted by snackeru at 6:00 AM | Comments (13)

What a great season

• As Kevin and David have already pointed out, on top of the Twins winning the AL Central, this was a great season because on May 21st, the continued existence of the Twins in Minnesota was secured by the state legislature. In fact, now that I think about it, this whole playoff run was greatly enhanced by the fact that I didn't have to continually think about how the run would affect the team's next stadium attempt, or whether or not the team would even be around in a couple of years. Wasn't it nice just to be able to watch baseball this summer, and not have to think about stupid stadium politics? It was phenomenally refreshing if you ask me.

And now this offseason we will actually be able to focus on free agents, signing players, arbitration, potential trades ... you know, all the stuff that normal fans focus on during the winter months. And speaking of normalcy, my normal winter of writing legislators, crying every time I open the newspaper, arguing with family, friends, and anti-stadium nut-jobs (sorry, I couldn't resist), getting my hopes up, and having my hopes crushed ... well, my winter won't be normal at all! That just makes me too happy for words.

• Or maybe not. Some people have wondered if I would take up the Vikings' crusade for a new stadium. In the past the answer was always easy. You see, it wasn't a problem for me, as a Hennepin County resident, to tell the legislature to tax me for a new Twins stadium. In fact, I welcome it. I want to be taxed for a new Twins stadium and as a Hennepin County resident I am thrilled to pay for it. Come January 1st, every time I go out to buy something at Target (or whatever), I won't call it shopping. Oh no. I'm going to call it "paying for a new Twins stadium." For example: "Honey, I need a new set of screwdrivers. I'm going out to pay for a new Twins stadium." Or, "Do we need some more toilet paper? Let's go out and pay for a new Twins stadium." I'm really looking forward to it.

And, as always, if you aren't looking forward to it ... if the very thought makes you cringe, shudder, weep, or even vomit, I am very, very sorry. I really am. You gave it your best shot, and it could have gone either way. It just didn't work out for you. So, sorry again.

Back to the Vikings, though. I have always had a problem with vocally supporting a plan where I wouldn't acutally be taxed. It is not as easy to say, "Tax Anoka County so I can watch the Vikings." But let's recap what is happening on that front. For years the Vikings have been working with Anoka County to build a stadium up in Blaine. Unless you are living under a rock, you know that the last legislative session revealed some serious problems with their "plans" and a possible rift in their relationship with Anoka County. I say "plans" because they were so shaky they changed as often as Brett Favre throws an interception (zing!). And now we have Anoka County leaning towards a referendum. Given a good plan, I think a referendum would actually pass, but right now their plan is confusing and, again, it is too fluid. They can't even decide on whether or not to have a roof.

In other words, as has already been reported in the media, it would be surprising if a Vikings stadium is built in Anoka County. In fact, you could probably give the media some of the blame. They have painted a very grim picture that will surely affect the state legislature next session. That is, unless the Vikings have a rock-solid plan that crosses all the i's and dots all the t's. But that is unlikely.

That leaves the other plans we have heard about in the past couple of weeks. How about a Vikings stadium at Canterbury Downs? Don't bet on it. For one, the area would need some serious upgrading to handle that kind of traffic, and secondly the NFL would probably have some serious reservations about being that close and tied to all that gambling. I would if I was the NFL. Plus, Canterbury Downs is probably only throwing this out there to get the legislature to allow them to expand gambling at the facility. Probably beyond just slot machines. It just ain't gonna happen.

That brings us to the Vikings recent talks with Minneapolis. We all know Zygi has been talking with Rybak, and that Zygi has been in discussions with the Star Tribune concerning the land they own around the Metrodome. And now we have a great article by Kevin Seifert about what we all know deep in our hearts: the Vikings best chance for a new stadium is in Minneapolis. Plans are being circulated among Minneapolis business leaders, and discussions are happening in downtown boardrooms. The question now is: when will the push for a stadium in Minneapolis become the only push?

Anoka County will fail to win the legislature's approval this next legislative session. The Vikings may try to put a Minneapolis plan together, but talks are too preliminary for that to happen this year. They need a rock-solid Twins-like plan to get anywhere and they aren't even close. I don't see anything happening for the Vikings for at least three years. And even then they'll still have a year on their Metrodome lease.

And speaking of the Metrodome, and this brings me to the crux of this rambling post, really deep down in all of our hearts I think we all know that the best chance for the Vikings to improve their lot is a renovation of the Dome. The legislature would throw money at them. It would be cheaper than building a new stadium (by how much? that is the question) and the legislature could justify the expense because quite frankly it needs renovation. Think about it. Once the Twins and Gophers leave, the Dome will be all for the Vikings. Zygi could probably buy it for a $1 ala the Rogers Centre in Toronto, take over management of the facility, expand the concourses, improve the suites, etc. etc. He could even purchase that Star Tribune land and build some tailgating lots. Seriously, if Zygi really wanted to put this mess behind him, his best bet is a renovation of the Dome.

I see this happening in the next 4 years. I could be wrong, in fact it is highly likely, but I still think the Dome is a good football facility. I like watching Vikings games in the Dome. Renovate it so that it is completely for the Vikings and they may not lead the league in revenue, but they certainly wouldn't be at the bottom anymore.

That's how I feel right now. I might change my mind in the next few years, but for now I plan on studying the old renovation plans. I'll let you know what I find out.

Posted by snackeru at 6:53 AM | Comments (6)

Right where we want them

radke.jpg

In the words of Eric Neel of ESPN's Page 2 who was writing about the reasons the Twins would win the Central:

Brad Radke's heart. He's on the shelf right now, trying to nurse a bum shoulder back in time for the last weekend of the season -- and, he hopes, the playoffs. But even if he doesn't make it back, he already has given the club a tremendous lift with the way he has pitched this season -- because the way he has pitched this season is with a bum shoulder and a whole truckload of want-to. For two years, he has been winging it with a torn labrum, and he recently discovered there was a stress fracture in there, too. And all he did was keep pitching, keep working it, keep -- as he told Jim Caple earlier this month -- "hump[ing] it up." As my friend Dave likes to say, "That's some man work right there." That's the sort of man work that says to everyone in the clubhouse, without Radke ever speaking a word: "What about you? How hard are you willing to work to make this happen? What you got in the tank? I gave up being able to lift my kids up off the ground, what are you willing to give up to get us where we want to go?" More than mojo, this is a prime directive. Every player in a Twins uni is measuring himself by Radke right now, trying to be more like Brad.

Down 2-0, the cardiac Twins are putting Radke, a man who can barely lift his arm, on the mound. This is it, and it is right where we want them. Can Radke's heart and example lift the Twins up one more time? Whatever the outcome, it has been a heckuva ride.

Posted by snackeru at 7:56 PM | Comments (6)

The Scream

scream.jpg
"I was walking along a path with two friends—the sun was setting—suddenly the sky turned blood red—I paused, feeling exhausted, and leaned on the fence—there was blood and tongues of fire above the blue-black fjord and the city—my friends walked on, and I stood there trembling with anxiety—and I sensed an infinite scream passing through nature." -- Edvard Munch

I was sitting in my basement with my two kids -- Mark Kotsay came to bat -- when suddenly he hit a fly ball to center. I sat up knowing that it would be a base hit -- and Torii inexplicably dove for the ball, missed it, and it rolled to the warning track. My kids were oblivious, but I sat there trembling as Kotsay rounded the bases for an in-the-park homerun. I sensed an infinite scream passsing through the state of Minnesota.

Posted by snackeru at 2:54 PM | Comments (2)

Stating the obvious

Well, that was depressing. I had pretty decent seats, though. Section 226 in the 31st row, so I could reach up and touch the teflon (not really, but you get what I mean). So, being that high, it is hard for me to pontificate on all the nuances of the game that one would see watching it on TV. However, I do have a couple of statements that some may deem as obvious:

So I'm depressed now. What a downer. And now we are putting Boof Bonser on the mound? Can you hear Thomas licking his chops or is it just me?

Posted by snackeru at 3:59 PM | Comments (2)

Tickets anyone?

Update: I have secured tickets for the game tomorrow! So, no need to worry anymore (Mom!). I bought them off of EBay from a guy in Illinois. He is sending them via FedEx, and they are guaranteed to be here by 10:30, but it is still a little stressful.

So, I will be there! Let the good times roll!

Anyone got any tickets for tomorrows Twins playoff game? I'm serious. Anyone that can't use their tickets please drop me a line at:

snackeru@umn.edu

I am desperate to get to this game!

Plus, if I hear one more baseball "pundit" say Derek Jeter deserves the AL MVP because he gets clutch hits, I'm going to hurl. Are you telling me that none of Morneau's 130 RBIs were "clutch" hits? This lovefest for Derek Jeter has now reached Brett Favre proportions, and as we all know that is truly pathetic.

Again, please let me know if you can't use your tickets. Please!

Posted by snackeru at 9:02 AM | Comments (5)